Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Announcements and Help  Hop To Forums  Help    Notifications

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Notifications Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of Crissycat
posted
For some unknown reason, I am not getting my email notifications. I have checked my preferences and am signed up to get them, but am not receiving them. Is anyone else having this problem or could it be my computer? Confused

"Each day comes bearing gifts. Untie the ribbons."

<crackedeggg>
posted
Hi Crissycat,

Every once in a while one of the service providers will get a wild hair and think that our server is spamming. When that happens, if that's your primary email address, your notifications will be rejected.

That's why I quit using my Comcast address as my YMB address - they kept blacklisting the server and blocking my notifications.

If you have a gmail address or any of the free ISPs, they usually work fine. I use gmail because I can use my mail client on my machine.

I'll do some digging and see if Verizon is blacklisting us. If they are, Muse will have our hosting company try to reverse it but there are no guarantees.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of Crissycat
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bonnie.
I'm now wondering if it could be the computer cleaner that I recently downloaded. It is called Glary Utilities. It's great for getting rid of the junk in your computer, but my message board notes are definately NOT junk. Big Grin

<crackedeggg>
posted
I've downloaded and installed that utility. Looking at what it does, I don't see how it could be responsible for the notifications issue since it doesn't seem to have anything that could be blocking emails or deleting them.

Did you check your spam or junk folders? If they are there, the easy answer is to put YMusicMuse@aol.com on your allowed sender's list. If not, I'm not sure what could be blocking them. Muse hasn't been getting a lot of bouncebacks and none from your address that she's aware of so I don't think it's a server blocking issue.

Have you installed any anti-spam programs?

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of Crissycat
posted Hide Post
This seems to be quite a mystery. I don't have any anti-spam software. Hmmm. This just happened out of the blue. Not being very computer savy, I just don't have a clue what it could be. I'm getting other emails just fine. though. Confused

Yanni Fan
Picture of sunfan
posted Hide Post
Hi Crissycat and Egggie...I, too am having this problem. I thought it was just me but I guess it isn't. So, you can add me to the list of those not receiving their notifications. (using my cox.net address)