Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni in the Media    Yanni to Play in Peoria
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Yanni to Play in Peoria Login/Join 
<YMusicMuse>
posted
http://www.centralillinoisnews...local/118337899.html

By Joe Bennett

March 20, 2011
Updated Mar 20, 2011 at 10:18 PM CDT

Local Yanni fans might feel flattered to know the globally famous musician has chosen Peoria to kick off his world tour.

About 55 crew members began setting up for a rehearsal today at the Peoria Civic Center for Tuesday night's performance.

Yanni will spend 66 days on the road in North America before playing internationally known venues like The Acropolis, the Taj Mahal and the the Royal Albert Hall in England.

Yanni's toring manager, Ron Doroba, says "There's an energy that comes with this particular band and Yanni playing live that he captures in the studio records but you have to be here and feel it to actually get the full sense of how big these songs are."

The show will introduce music from Yanni's new album, "Truth of Touch."

Tickets are on sale for Tuesday night's show at 7:30 PM.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of sebastians92
posted Hide Post
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Yanni will be playing at the Acropolis, Taj Mahal, and Royal Albert Hall again like he did so many years ago?????? OH MY GOOOOOSSSSHHH!!!!!!! That's sooooo frickin' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

You know I have wondered for 6 years if Yanni would ever consider doing that again with all of his new music! I can't believe it's actually happening!!!!

Good Luck Yanni! I know it's gonna be GREAT and I can't wait to see you at the Atlanta, GA concert Smiler

Sebastian

Sebastian Sebastian

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
And what a show it was. Peoria Civic Center was Packed.

The 'Yanni In Concert' tour is officially under way!

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yanni will spend 66 days on the road in North America before playing internationally known venues like The Acropolis, the Taj Mahal and the the Royal Albert Hall in England.

WoohooI can't believe it! Wonderful news! Looking forward to meet him on tour in England or better in Greece, his homeland .... or maybe one day in Italy!!! Lobe My fingers crossed!!! Thumbs Up
Have a successfull tour in North America Yanni, good luck Thumbs Up

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:

WOW!Is it true ? Woohoo

Myky

Yanni Fan
Picture of sebastians92
posted Hide Post
Anyone who was at the Peoria concert, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell us all the music he played???

I can't wait any longer!!!!

Sebastian

Sebastian Sebastian

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Yes, please... Smiler

Myky

<crackedeggg>
posted
quote:
Yanni will be playing at the Acropolis, Taj Mahal, and Royal Albert Hall again like he did so many years ago??????

I suspect that the reporter probably got her facts mixed up. While Royal Albert Hall would certainly be a possibility if he does a European tour, places like the Acropolis and Taj Mahal require many months of advance work. I can't imagine him performing in both of those places anytime soon. Maybe I'm wrong. All I'm saying is please don't get too ecstatic about it yet.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of sebastians92
posted Hide Post
Aww that's true I remember when I read his book, I couldn't believe all of the troubles and stresses Yanni had to go through to make those concerts possible.

But I really hope that maybe it might happen sometime in the future. It would be sooooooooo amazing! Wink

By the way Bonnie, how have you been??? I haven't talked to you in a long time Smiler Smiler Smiler
Which concert are planning on attending?

Sebastian

Sebastian Sebastian

<YMusicMuse>
posted
Here is the set list. It's the same set list as Mexico and Panama. This does not include any encores Yanni might perform.

01) Santorini
02) Enchantment
03) Keys to Imagination
04) Felitsa
05) Voyage
06) The End of August
07) The Rain Must Fall
08) Cello Solo
09) Dance With a Stranger
10) Acroyali
11) Desire
12) Duet