Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni in the Media    Mentoring Young Artists

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Mentoring Young Artists Login/Join 
<YMusicMuse>
posted
While Yanni was in Minneapolis, he took a little side trip to the Main Street School of Performing Arts in Hopkins. Here's a brief article and one of the photos taken of him that day.

http://www.mnsun.com/articles/...hopkinstoday0527.txt

Yanni visits Main Street School

A musical star visited students at the Main Street School of Performing Arts in Hopkins this afternoon.

New Age artist Yanni, who has sold more than 20 million albums, spoke to the students about his career and answered questions.

Yanni was born in Greece and is a self-taught pianist, keyboardist and composer.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Wonderful picture, & so great that Yanni stopped & did this with the students. Thanks Muse.

Every day is a 'new' day, full of opportunities, adventure and a chance to make your dreams come true ©

Yanni Fan
Picture of Marilyn
posted Hide Post
YMusicMuse, what does Yanni want us to call his music now? I heard he did not like "New Age"? That is a wonderful picture. Thanks for posting it for us...

"Look at the sunset. If it pleases you, you're a happy man." - Yanni

Marilyn
Love Is All

<YMusicMuse>
posted
That's a very good question, Kauai. Yanni has never cared for labels for his music. He just feels that if you like it, you like it - and we hope you do!

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of Marilyn
posted Hide Post
YMusicMuse, I just wondered what category he preferred us to give to our friends that ask? I know that I read he does not like the New Age, and to me it is more like a Modern Classical... I love his music, all of it....

"Look at the sunset. If it pleases you, you're a happy man." - Yanni

Marilyn
Love Is All

<YMusicMuse>
posted
You could call it adult contemporary or contemporary instrumental, depending on the song. With the addition of the Voices, the possibilities are endless.Wink

Report This Post