Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni in the Media    Yanni Article in the Fort Wayne News-Sentinal

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Yanni Article in the Fort Wayne News-Sentinal Login/Join 
<YMusicMuse>
posted
Fort Wayne News-Sentinel
Yanni's passionate quest in music
The winner of the 1990 U.S. Double Platinum award will bring his New Age sound to Fort Wayne.

By Mari delaGarza

Yanni is bringing his New Age music -- along with the new age of his career -- to Memorial Coliseum.

The Greek, self-taught, electronic keyboard master is entering a new stage in his career. For the first time, Yanni has incorporated lyrics in his album "Ethnicity." He will bring his "2004 Ethnicity World Tour" to the coliseum at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The album is a fusion of cultures, which includes Yanni's Greek roots.

"Many of the world's cultures and musical genres are represented on my 'Ethnicity' album," Yanni said in an e-mail. "It has a lot of ethnic color -- in other words, it has ethnicity. Ethnicity has to do with race and color, and -- in the way I use it for this album -- the color and beauty of a multicultural society. I believe music represents (humanity's) soul, culture by culture.

"When I go into the music, I blend a rainbow of styles and ethnicities, and witness the souls of many cultures come together obviously and easily. The result is more color, beauty and strength. A seamless mesh.

"Unity. If our souls can come together in the music, they can come together anywhere, and as a people, we can achieve harmony."

Musically, a man of few words, he did allow his life to be put into black and white.

"Yanni in Words" was released in 2002 and made it onto The New York Times
best-seller list.

"Many people think they know me through music -- and they do, because I work hard to tell the emotional truth," Yanni said. "For a long time, that was good enough, because I was always focused first and foremost on my music and my career and on finding ways to bring my music to the people.

"For the past few years, I've taken some time for myself and had more of an opportunity to think deeply about life, about where I've been and where I came from, where I'm going next -- and the miracle of creativity that has made it all possible. . . . I have surpassed the wildest dreams I ever had as a child. I thought that now was the right time to talk about it."

And "new" will be a word that will continue to be associated with Yanni.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of Angela
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing YMUSICMUSE, keep them coming!

------------------
Angela
Eternal Space