Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni in the Media    Yanni mention in the Daytona Beach News Journal

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Yanni mention in the Daytona Beach News Journal Login/Join 
<YMusicMuse>
posted
Yanni is listed in the June 29-July 3 segment.
-----------------------------------------------
Museum lights up Beatles, Pink Floyd

Museum lights up Beatles, Pink Floyd

Staff Report

Last update: 28 May 2004

DAYTONA BEACH -- The music of the Beatles, Pink Floyd, U2, Kiss and dozens of other rock and pop acts is invading the Museum of Arts and Sciences this summer.

Laser light shows were a staple at the museum's planetarium in the 1980s, but the high cost of maintaining the projection system brought an end to those shows in 1990, said Susan Cerbone, museum communications manager.

Advances in technology have brought the laser "concerts" back. The music shows will be at 3 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays, beginning this Tuesday and running through Aug. 7. The shows will be in the planetarium of the museum at 1040 Museum Blvd. Planetarium admission is $3 for adults and $2 for children and students, in addition to museum admission of $8 adults and $4 children and students. For more information, call (386) 255-0285.

The museum also presents astronomy shows at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and at 1 p.m. on Saturdays.

The laser music shows include:

· Tuesday through June 5 -- Laser Beatles featuring such songs as "I Wanna Hold Your Hand," "A Hard Day's Night," "Help!," "Revolution" and "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band."

· June 8-12 -- Laser Pop featuring songs by Pink, 'N Sync, 3 Doors Down, Smashmouth, the Beach Boys, the Beatles, Sting and the B-52's.

· June 15-19 -- Laser Magic with the music of Yanni, Blue Oyster Cult, hania Twain, Will Smith, Celine Dion, Elton John, Joan Jett and others.

· June 22-26 -- Fright Light featuring 14 songs including "Monster Mash," "Purple People Eater," "Iron Man," "Frankenstein" and "Devil Went Down to Georgia."

· June 29-July 3 -- Laser Spirit featuring patriotic medleys and "feel-good" songs by U2, Madonna, Gloria Estefan, Yanni, Kansas and others.

· July 6-10 -- Laser Mania with songs by Santana, Sting, Beck, Ricky Martin, Blink 182 and others.

· July 13-July 17 -- Hypnotica featuring electronica by Crystal Method, Fat Boy Slim and others.

· July 20-24 -- Laser Retro featuring songs by INXS, Tears for Fears, the Police, Duran Duran, the Cure and others.

· July 27-31 -- Laser Vinyl featuring classic arena-band songs by Journey, Aerosmith, Kiss, Queen, Van Halen, AC/DC and others.

· Aug. 3-7 -- Pink Floyd's "The Wall."

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Oh Man, some of my old favorites!!!

Kansas!--Just a Travesty!! Van Halen!!! Aerosmith!!! Journey!!! Blue Oyster Cult was my 2nd rock concert ever lol. I was in the 10th row and deaf for a year. They opened for Black Sabbath lol. Boston was my first rock concert. Van Halen was my loudest! (the original with Davie Lee Roth) And Yanni - he's not an OLD favorite. He's a young current favorite! Wink Daytona Beach, here I come! Big Grin

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
ROFLOL Kansas just came on aol radio ROFLOL Eeker

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
And the next song coming on now is JOURNEY

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Allllllllll by myyyyyyyyyyse--elf, don't wanna be all by myself...anymore...

When I was young,
I never needed anyone...

LOL
MY post...ALL MINE. Big Grin

Yanni Fan
Picture of samisue
posted Hide Post
Not anymore Hawk Wink

Life is reality without an eraser.