Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni in the Media    Yanni Review In Richmond Times
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Yanni Review In Richmond Times Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
I did not think this review of Yanni's music was very fair so I sent my review to
Clarke Bustard at (804) 649-6362 the writer and I hope you will all do the same.You can get his e-mail address from newspaper review. Which only appeared today about 2 weeks after the concert. Please read and let me know if it ticks you off as much as it did me. http://www.timesdispatch.com/flair/MGBR45PVVED.html

Yanni Fan
Picture of Mike Overby
posted Hide Post
Oh no.... not another review....

At least this one didn't take any cheap, personal, direct shots toward Yanni and his fans like that Rayner guy did. I learned my lesson the first time, the best thing we can probably do is just keep our mouths shut. We're not gonna change anyone's opinions by shooting our mouths of at them (like I admittedly did to Mr. Rayner).

Just an opinion

brother 14,
~Mike

------------------
"You know, sometimes we get caught up in our troubles and our problems... and we sort of let life slip away, and life is precious. All of life."

-Yanni during his performance at the Parthelon

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
You know what? I'm OK with this review.

First of all, it's Someone's opinion. And I respect His opinion.

Not Everyone makes the connection to Yanni's music. I am completely OK with that to. Because, first of all, what mainly concerns Me, is "THE CONNECTION THAT "I" HAVE MADE WITH YANNI, AND HIS WONDERFUL MUSIC.
No One told me what to like, or Who to like.
I would think that this Critic would be OK with My review of the show, because I accept His review for what it is. HIS!

The important thing to remember when reading a review, is that the world doesn't rotate on it. And neither does Yanni's career. If We ALL agreed on everything, life would be the most boring thing.

The choices We make in Our lives, are what makes Our lives. What works for One, doesn't necessarily work for Another.

So smile. These ARE only words.

Yanni has a HUGE Audience, and millions of devoted Fans, who WILL LOVE Him FOREVER. And He has US. The Members of this BB alone, who have ALL come together as, "A FAMILY, IN ONE." And We, Our Family, just keeps on growing every day, with new Members.

So don't bogue Yourselves down with reviews. Good or Bad. We ALL still have new Members joining the YMB, to meet, and greet.

YFIY,
ChrisZ

PS:
Please let Us not forget,
LOVE,
ACCEPTANCE,
TOLERANCE, &
RESPECT.

IT IS A BLESSING, AND A VIRTUE.

---------------
SPRING HAS FINALLY SPRUNG!

[This message has been edited by ChrisZ (edited 27 April 2003).]

Yanni Fan
Picture of Mike Overby
posted Hide Post
Well said Chris

Yanni Fan
Picture of arcana
posted Hide Post
Cheers Chris, I agree wholeheartedly. I think if any one of us lived our lives in fear of what others thought of us, we'd all be in mental institutions. My attitude is to live life the way I like to live it, look the way I want to look, buy the art I love to look at and listen to the music that moves me. If anyone has a problem with any of my choices or with allowing me the freedom to be who God made me to be, then I don't need them as a friend nor even aquaintence. Just ignore the reviews that don't match your opinion. You still like Yanni's music don't ya, Snowfall? This guy hasn't and will not change your mind on that. He has his opinion and you have yours. They're just different is all. At least his review wasn't like some of the horrid hack-job reviews I've seen that weren't even intelligently written.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Thank You both Mike and Judy.

This is My review of Critics in general. We are ALL Critics. We ALL have opinions.

But the Critics that are always in contraversy, are the One's just trying to make an honest living. I can totally respect that. They're only doing their jobs.

Once again, I speak from the heart.

Respectfully Yours always,
ChrisZ

------------------
SPRING HAS FINALLY SPRUNG!

[This message has been edited by ChrisZ (edited 27 April 2003).]

Yanni Fan
Picture of dreamworld_2
posted Hide Post
I agree with you ChrisZ and arcana. WELL SAID!!

Yanni Fan
Picture of Herema Onar
posted Hide Post
This critic seemed to show a great ability to compliment with caution, yet fully be a critic at the same time with an abated appreciation for Yanni's talent.

The fact that he maintained the musical critique rather than the appearance or character of Yanni shows a great appreciation for music itself and a thoughtful evaluation of what he heard or learned about Yanni's music.

Although, those who do not "connect" seem to state that all his music is the same, cannot honestly claim to have listened to it. It was a welcomed applause and audience response to the "oldies" of Yanni. Recognized creations of Yanni that have been played at the concerts this tour shows a very pronounced audience reaction. Wonder where this critic was at during those times????

Thank you snowfall for posting this link. It was very interesting to read it.

hugs

------------------
Embraced by the Wind, Herema S. Onar
Chalam54@hotmail.com

Yanni Fan
Picture of cyperuss
posted Hide Post
>>> Most listeners today are not exposed regularly to music of more than one dimension. The first such music they can connect to will affect them profoundly. For many, for better or worse, Yanni was that first connection.

Hey, that can happen about all composers! Is really Yanni the first composer we all heard from?!!!

He means Yanni's fans only listen to yanni & not to other's musicians?!!!

>>> It's sad that they've never had the chance, or have never been sufficiently enticed, to hear the real thing.

Here he is explaining some facts about Yanni's music:

>>> Most Yanni fans, I suspect, couldn't tell you which strain from which musical style they're hearing at any given moment. Even armed with a graduate degree in ethnomusicology, you would have to hustle to keep track of his arrangements' intricate blendings of world musics.

>>> What Yanni's audience does recognize is that he is trying to orchestrate a sound that literally embraces the whole world. And to many, the result is not just music but a spiritually transporting experience.

May be Yanni's invented a new thing not similar to the music we used to hear. I accept that his music is a compound of all styles.

[This message has been edited by cyperuss (edited 28 April 2003).]

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I read this review, & this critic stinks,He has no taste in music or life itself to bash people.He is a very bitter man.Yanni & his fans will look the other way.To ignoramis people.This critic is like a germ thats hard to get rid of thats infested with insults so i'll be nice&sweep him under the carpet where he belongs.

------------------
Ruth