Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni in the Media    Yanni Review In Richmond Times
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Yanni Review In Richmond Times Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your perspective. I am just so passionate about Yanni's music that I get very upset when I feel he is not being given the RESPECT he is due. Not only does this critic show a lack of respect for Yanni's music but for his fans as well. "It is laughable that many of Yann's fans consider his music serious or even classical". Well I have been exposed to classical, Jazz and even Hindustani Classical music (My husband of seventeen years was born in India). Arcana - Yanni and his music are still number one in my book! No critic or review will ever change that. The one thing Mr Bustard got right was the fact that the audience was the most ethnically and generationally diverse to ever attend a fuction in the Richmond area and I think that is wonderful! Who else can bring people together in such a magical way. YANNI FOR PRESIDENT anyone.

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
There have been some great posts here from Chris, Snowfall and everyone else. All I want to add is that the comment about the diverse nature of the audience proves that Yanni`s music has been very very sucessful.
Yanni`s whole philosophy is based on `no borders no boundaries` so that critic only proved that Yanni`s music has successfully achieved what he set out to do. I don`t think Yanni would be too bothered by the rest of it for as he has said so often
`You either connect with it or you don`t`
The number of fans he has world-wide must have far exceeded even his wildest dreams.
I don`t think Yanni would lose any sleep over the negative comments made and neither should we.
Take care,
Seren.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Well said Anne! Not loosing an ounce of sleep myself.

------------------
SPRING HAS FINALLY SPRUNG!