Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni in the Media    Review on Fredricksburg.com

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Review on Fredricksburg.com Login/Join 
<YMusicMuse>
posted
http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/022005/02172005/1673477

Yanni rocks the house?

By JESSE SCOTT

Date published: 2/17/2005

YOUTH CORRESPONDENT

Yanni's music is multilingual--it's reached and inspired nearly every corner of the earth.

On Sunday, the Greek new-age phenomenon brought his message to the MCI Center.

His ensemble (consisting of strings, drums and brass) was decked in formalwear as he stood before them in a gray sweater and black Dockers.

And, of course, his mustache was perfectly groomed and his hair was flowing--don't count on the man going bald anytime soon.

Yanni mastered the art of kicking it up and bringing it down. He balanced his pianissimo pieces with an array of songs that were peppy and reminiscent of the Olympic Games.

"Marching Season" was performed at an extreme tempo and featured Charlie Adams on percussion. Yanni pounded away on the grand piano as Adams slammed drums with sticks and limbs--he'd give Travis Barker of Blink-182 a run for his money.

Between his nature-esque pieces, he brought the energy down with soft classical bits such as "Nightingale." The Asian-influenced piece told a story without words--flashing images of eastern culture plastered the backdrop as a Chinese flute spoke notes of inspiration.

Yanni brings the best of several worlds together through his art. It's rare to find an artist who incorporates Australian didgeridoos, bass guitars and violins into a single piece.

But with Yanni, anything is possible. The man is innovative and his shows are a cultural experience.

JESSE SCOTT is a freshman at George Mason University.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of Rosie
posted Hide Post
quote:
But with Yanni, anything is possible. The man is innovative and his shows are a cultural experience.

Bravo! Bravo! Brings tears to my eyes! Wink

Rosie,
Namaste

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Great Review! It is so good to read a wonderful review like this that expresses the unique style and talent that Yanni has to blend these many cultures represented by his musicians together to enhance the emotion and beauty of Yanni's musical creations. Bravo, this was joy to read SmilerSandy

Yanni Fan
Picture of Isabelle #1
posted Hide Post
As of tonight the FEB.19-05 I declare YMusicMuse my

*^*^*^*^*^SmilerSmilerSmiler HERO SmilerSmilerSmiler*^*^*^*^*^

Why you will ask,
I want to do this because she never ever lets me down.
She gives me all the time by being the best that one can give from the Yanni's ADMINISTRATION by bringing all the FUN AND GREAT NEWS and PHOTOS ECT. for me to smile every time all the time, and thats the truth.

Merci, Me AGAPE dear YMusicMuse. Wink

A Friend In Yanni,Isabelle

Yanni Fan
Picture of Hela
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for making possible for us, here in Brazil, to read about shows and other considerations and opinions about Yanni's wonderful music!!!
You are great!!

<YMusicMuse>
posted
Many thanks Isabelle, and to everyone for their kind words and appreciation. While I can't respond to all the posts, please know that they are appreciated.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of hosam z
posted Hide Post
But with Yanni, anything is possible...
yes YMusicMuse that is right becuase he is Yanni ... he is great ... Wink

Housam
"Yanni in my whispers"

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I'AM SO GLAD THAT THERE'S ONE MALE JOURNALIST OUT THERE WHO LOVES YANNI MUSIC JUST AS MUCH..I ATTENDED THAT SHOW AT THE MCI CENTER IN WASHINGTON, D.C.. THE SHOW WAS AWESOME!! OH THE MEMORIES,I'M HAVING A YAWNI MOMENT. GUESS I HAVE TO POP IN THE VIDEO.
HUG AND KISSES YANNI!!!

2 BEE OR NOT 2 BEE

Yanni Fan
Picture of cyma
posted Hide Post
SmilerThank you so much for the great reviews YMusicMuse. Smiler

Thanks,

Cassandra