Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni in the Media    Lighting Ethnicity - An Article in Lighting Dimensions
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Lighting Ethnicity - An Article in Lighting Dimensions Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of Fernanda
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dear YMusiMuse!

You are an angel!

Kisses,
Fe

<YMusicMuse>
posted
Universpectra,

To answer your question about the names you mentioned - here you go:

Anthony Stabile...Production Supervisor/Sound Engineer
Tommy Sterling...Sound Engineer
Peter Maher...Keyboard Technician
Pete Lehman...Keyboard Tech/Computer Tech
John Blom...Drum/Bass Technician
Chico...Sound Technician

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of Linda C
posted Hide Post
Andy Kwan and ChrisZ,

That awesome picture of Danny was NOT lit by the people who did the last two tours for Yanni. Those tours were done by Peter Morse and Company. The Tribute lighting and anything you have seen previously on video was done by David "Gurn" Kaniski and Lee Rose. Gurn has shared a lot of stories with me of technical nightmares they have had to deal with in various places and some of the political problems they encountered. Talking with him is always a wonderful time. I have seen him light other artists, too. (Smashmouth, Third Eye Blind, No Doubt) His talent is fantastic. I really liked the lighting better on the previous tours that he did. I found the stage to be pretty dark most of the time on the Tribute TOUR and much too blinding many times on the Ethnicity tour. I really don't like to have to close my eyes because of glaring light in my face when I am 20-30 rows away from the stage. But, many times on this last tour, that's exactly what I had to do even when I was not on the floor, but up the side.

Linda C.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hey, look what I found. A very interesting article by the same website but it's from 1997!!! It discusses the lighting for Yanni's concerts at Acropolis and India/China. Yanni is featured starting about half way down the article.

http://lightingdimensions.com/ar/lighting_shoppers_paradise_jk/

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited 25 February 2004).]

Yanni Fan
Picture of Bald Bat
posted Hide Post
Very interesting article!

This is just one of the aspects in setting up each concert. From what I have observed at two concerts and from what I have read, I would say that the logistics of organizing a Yanni concert is enoumous with all the lighting, the sound system, the projected images, as well as all the coordination of the musicians.

And especially with all that, taking into consideration that all this equipment must be set up and tested to work perfectly for the concert, then taken down and packed into the trucks for transportation to the next city. And all this in only a 24 hour cycle!

This would make a good article for the next newsletter.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Most of the musicians are coordinated. TEASING!!!

Yeah, it's a very complex show. A well-oiled machine. I hope all the guys and gals in the back making it all possible, get to eventually sit down and watch at least one show.

Yanni Fan
Picture of NovemberSky27
posted Hide Post
Thank you YMusicMuse!!

NovemberSky

Yanni Fan
Picture of Judi
posted Hide Post
"There's one song where I've yet to figure out the time signature."

I love that statement. It says, "Unique!"

Yanni Fan
Picture of EHK
posted Hide Post
Ohh thats interesting...

------------------
To The One Who Knows; YANNI...

Yanni Fan
Picture of margaret0949
posted Hide Post
Dear YMusicMuse:
As always, you are there for us. We would have had no idea of the dynamics of this if it was not was information such as.
Again, thanks,
In Peace and Love,
Margaret0949

------------------