Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Main Yanni Forum    Within Attraction - How Yanni's Music Found You
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Within Attraction - How Yanni's Music Found You Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of Louise Tirrell
posted Hide Post
Back in the early 90's, I was over a friend's house and she was playing the "Celebration of Life" CD. I said "Who IS that? I love it!" and she told me it was Yanni and that she played it while she was cleaning house. It motivated her! Anyway..we went to one of his concerts shortly after that, and I was hooked for life. Now 20 years or so later, I'm still a die hard fan and forever grateful to her for introducing this wonderful world of Yanni to me. I, in turn, like doing the same for other people too. I was at the dentist yesterday and he said that he had the Pandora station on, so who did I want to listen to? I of course said Yanni..he typed in the name, and Truth of Touch started playing. Then Keys to the Imagination, then One Man's Dream. Now my dentist didn't comment on it but his dental assistant did. She said.."I like your choice of music..who IS that?"...another fan is born... Wink

Yanni Fan
Picture of Allison S
posted Hide Post
About 20 years ago I lost my dad to Cancer. One of his favorite passions was sailing and during one of his trips, he got caught in a surprise storm. The sail got caught on something (I don't remember what), but my dad had to use the bosen's chair to go to the top of the mast to release one of the ropes. From that height, it's a very scary experience because of the sway of the boat but for him, it was the most exhilarating experience he'd ever had and the fact that he had the experience changed him.

About 2 years after he passed, a friend gave me a CD of piano music and told me I had to hear it. It was called Reflections of Passion and it was the most powerful series of music I ever heard. I am a snob when it comes to music and this music hit me like a ton of bricks. Every emotion I could possibly feel came pouring out of me while I was listening to it. I could imagine my dad on his boat and his love and passion for it. And THEN I heard the song Nostalgia. Listen to it. Close your eyes and you will hear the calm of the water and feel the waves pick up in intensity. You can picture the storm and then feel it pass to peace and calm and serenity. My dad was with me in that moment.

Then the ultimate. He came to my town--to a small venue and I got the best seat I could afford which was in the balcony, but I was there. For 90 minutes or so, by my self, it was me and the music. I can't describe it. I was transported. I had no heads in front of me and I watched a man play piano, and lead an orchestra of the most talented people I'd ever heard. A couple of years later, I got the very last seat in our Civic Center. 10,000 people and I felt like I was the only person there (and I could barely see him, but I didn't care.) That was a long time ago and I still listen. I've got about 9 of his albums in my i-pad, and while circumstances have made it so I can't afford his tickets anymore, it's ok. He got me through cancer treatments, he saved my sanity, I found peace within through the passion of a man and his music. Some day I hope to have the opportunity to see him live, but for now, I'm grateful for what his music does.

It's a very rare artist who can elicit emotion within the listener time and time again. Today's music rarely does that. It's noise and music is the one form of art that I can relate to. It moves, elicits a response and good music will always do that...consistently. I'm grateful for Yanni's CDs. Heck, I can't even get him on our public tv. Connecticut is just too small and I get that...but sometimes, it makes me sad.

Keep making the music and feeling the passion. Keep finding the artists that feel the same way about music and writing and I'll be listening. (Sorry this is so long and thank you for reading.)

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Hello Allison and welcome to the Yanni Message Board.

Thank you for sharing your story of how Yanni's music has affected your life. We hope to hear more from you as you are in the company of people who share the same view.

I do hope you will be able to see Yanni live again before too long.

Take care,

Anne

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Louise, I wish I could go to your dentist. Smiler

Anne

Yanni Fan
Picture of Louise Tirrell
posted Hide Post
Anne....LOL ROFL

Yanni Fan
Picture of Allison S
posted Hide Post
Me too Anne, me too. But I think it will be a very long time before I can afford his prices Frowner

Yanni Fan
Picture of Bea
posted Hide Post
I am certain I have answered this question before, but Yanni's music has helped me since 1995 when I first found it. I remember I had to see him live in concert and we had a grassy area in the old Tinley Park outdoor concert arena, I don't even recall the name, all I remember is that we were outside, the weather was nice, the moon was full, and I was in heaven to hear Yanni's sounds live for the first time.

I had to find more albums by this amazing musician, and naturally I went on a quest. By that time Yanni had many albums produced, he had just returned from the Acropolis tour and did many many songs from that album in the arena where I saw him. All I can remember saying is that next time I want a closer seat to see what was going on about on stage. Ever since Yanni has inspired me, his music has been there for me in trial periods of my life, and for just plain enjoyment. It can move me to tears and it can fill me with joy that is unmatched to any performer or musician I have ever heard !

I just know I am glad I found him or his music found me. Either way, I could not even fathom a day without Yanni's music in my life in one way, shape, form, or another. It is truly amazing.

I hope he continues for many years to come making more amazing music for us to enjoy.

Love,
Bea Hug

Yanni Fan
Picture of Wael D.
posted Hide Post
The story started on 1991, I was driving my small Honda, listening my favorite FM channel, an advertising music passed through, and I liked it!! It injected Adrenaline in my body!! Gosh!! My Honda wheels were driven as a Ferrari!! It was “Standing in motion”…..who was this Genius who composed this piece of art???? I asked & investigated (there was no internet, no forums, no facebook, no twitter…), it was YANNI!!!!!!!! YANNI???? Who’s YANNI…I bought in celebration of life K7 (CD’s not common at that time)….adore this music…then Reflections of passion, then in my time, then I heard about the ACROPOLIS concert, but have no money to go there!!!! I lived, studied, worked, married, raised my daughter, got ill, healed, on YANN’s music……YANNI, my Idol, I can’t live without your music anymore, can’t live without seeing you every day, through your ART………….With ALL my respects…..YANNI you are the Man…………

Yanni Fan
Picture of Wael D.
posted Hide Post
By the way Louise, i had the same with my Dentist.....she's now Yanni's fan Smiler

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
i seen his reflextions of passion on tv the vedio and i was hooked. this was in 1993. i bought the cd and i have every cd that has come out.i am 70 years old and i love all of yanni's music.