Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Main Yanni Forum    Within Attraction - How Yanni's Music Found You
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Within Attraction - How Yanni's Music Found You Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
我在工作时,需要一些音乐素材,雅尼音乐因此进入我的生活,感谢雅尼!为我的生活带来勃勃生机。I Like

Beautiful

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
When I first heard Yanni I didn't know who it was.

It was in a Hong Kong movie starring Chow Yun-Fat called TREASURE HUNT from around 1994. The big emotional climax to the film was set to 'Reflections of Passion', and I instantly fell in love with that song. But the scene was so well-edited to the song that I just assumed it was a piece of the film's score.

fast forward a year or so later and the Royal Albert Hall concert was on television. I just had it on in the background while I was doing something else and I had never really heard any of Yanni's music.

I was liking what I was hearing but then all of a sudden he started playing 'Reflections of Passion' and I nearly fell out of my chair. I was so shocked to hear it.

I knew pretty much instantly that I was going to become a huge Yanni fan.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I have a strory of how Yanni's music is helping me through an extremely difficult time in my life. On Mother's day of this year my brother committed suicide at the age of 46. He went to a sports store called Gander Mountain, bought a gun and shot himself in the head. It has been so hard. My brother and I were so close. I miss him so much. His name was Jeff. He didn't have the same last name as me because my mom had him in her first marriage. His last name was Jerome. I would love to be able to meet Yanni and actually tell him my story. He is my # 1 favorite instrumental musician, I love him, I think he is very special and even though I have never met him I consider him a friend. If I were to meet him right now I would cry on his shoulder.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi Anne. I have a couple of questions for you about Yanni. My first question is does Yanni have allergies? The reason I'm asking that is because I saw on a video where an interviewer said we are going to have to ask these cats to leave. Yanni is coming. Another reason I'm asking that is because I heared him clear his throat during an interview he did on the Tribute dvd on No boarders No bounderies. My next question is has he ever been sick at a concert?

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Hello Michelle!

You have email.

Take care,

Anne

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi. I have been a fan of Yanni since 2003. A good friend of mine from my church got me hooked by taking me to 2 of his concerts. Ever since then I can't get enough of his music. His music calms me down when I'm upset, His music has helped me get rid of headaches and his music is helping me through the death of my brother. I have been introducing other people to his music and telling them his music will help them.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
There are some very touching stories on here

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi, my family has been fans of Yanni, since the start. Time goes by so fast, did he get started in the 80's?

My mom and I have a bag that we thought someone would enjoy. It's a one of a kind (can't seem to find it listed elsewhere, and it's Made in America).

The item on ebay is 200981844002 if anyone want's to check it out, just copy the number in the search field in ebay. We might have more Yanni items soon.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi, everyone!
Your stories of how you have been acquainted with Yanni's music are really interesting and I'd like to share mine with you.
I volunteer as a teacher's assistant in classes of ancient and modern greek language, history and culture for primary school pupils. The teacher often uses music videos as a means of education.
One day we watched a video from a concert of a long-haired man with a moustache and mediterranean characteristics, who was playing the keyboard. The rhythm was thrilling! "Wow!", I thought, "What a song!" (In fact, what a music, since there were no lyrics at all.) Can you guess which the track was? "The storm" from the concert in Las Vegas...
A week later I asked the teacher about that video. He told me: "Search Yanni(Till then I had known him only by name) on Google and you'll find it!".
That's what I did. And I discovered that I already knew some of his songs, like "Nostalgia" and "Santorini". I still don't know where from...