Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Yanni Fan Club Members  Hop To Forums  Creative Thoughts    A Symphony Begun

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
A Symphony Begun Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
watching, though your music is very special, your words in reply appear to surpass it, leaving song as only an expression of your integrity.

<<I have concluded that my music is better than I am today. I don't think that great musicians or great artists necessarily make great human-beings.>>

ROFLOL - perhaps not in some cases, but those artists who find a way to intimately share themselves with those lives they have powerfully impacted, are rewarded by the gift of a realm of reality that makes them the sum of all energies shared, thus making them a huge gathering of multiple human spirits; and that is the only way to be greater than any individual could ever be. And what a high!

Such heights I'm guessing, incidentally, bring forth equal lows and darkness, but such are the laws of the universe? (equal and opposite reaction.) So if one sees darkness, maybe hang on to your sunglasses!? Which brings me to NBH.

NBH, I too see your journey, respect it, honor it, and empathize a bit. In honor of your walk inside your garden, that watching described so well, I shall lay down another stone for you along the trail. That path is surrounded by beautiful blooms, in honor of your light. I can feel how 'If I could Tell You' is so tremendous in your heart, that perhaps I could offer you a very small gift; a few lyrics "came floating by" and I was compelled to gather them for you here.

IF I COULD TELL YOU
copyright 2008

26 sec)
If I could be with you
If one could become two
Becoming one again
If I could say in song
If we were to belong
Then how should time choose when

(one line instrumental)

If I could tell you how
All the years have led to
If I could tell you now
And you could tell me too 1:35

When darkness fills your soul
The fear of all alone
The weight of solid stone
Survival is the goal
Let go the tears you've kept
To water life in seed
Just knowing that you need
Is how you find first step

If I could save the night
For flying into light
And living out my dreams
If I could see your smile
In front of every mile
And know it's what it seems

(One line instrumental)

If I could tell you how
If I could tell you now
And you could tell me too

A symphony begun
If we could play the moon
The stars would be in tune
And voices were the sun
Oh places we could go
If we could find our way
If we could sing all we say
Inside the heart of one

If I could tell you how
If I could tell you now

If I could be with you
If one could become two
Becoming one again
If I could say in song
If we were to belong
Then you and I choose when

If I could tell you how
If I could tell you now

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I must add; when I write these lyrics out of the songs that Yanni, watching, or anyone else has created, especially when I title them the same, it is to compliment their work - without their creations, my words mean very little.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Thank you Lanette! You're too kind.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hello again Hawksister,

There is something in your reply here that brings a smile to my face. But I will respond to it another time.

Once again, Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts and words.

watching