Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Yanni Fan Club Members  Hop To Forums  Creative Thoughts    Essentially Speaking

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Essentially Speaking Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
Of human mechanics, required transpose,

Our words upon letters, meaning; reposed.

Feelings centered, focus exposed,

muSIcal tones, sweet wicked, not chose.

Listen-feel rhythms, experiece compose of

lightening strike aftermath, this, Yanni knows.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi Law and all,

I thought I'd get more reaction to this poem but that's okay Smiler

I play piano and I like to write about Yanni's music, sometimes assuming I'm inside his head seeing what he thinks when he writes. I don't realize I'm doing this, just writing.

I wrote this thinking about how he intertwines ideas with music and what comes of it.

Lightening strike aftermath refers to very positive reaction of fans to Yanni's music.

"This Yanni knows" refers to his understanding of how this reaction generates and propels his "business of music" which afterall, is a business BUT - I don't mean to belittle this effort by saying that ((((shhhhhhh!!!!!))))

I just REALLY love Yanni's music and have since 1992 or 93. I hope I didn't offend anyone here!

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
sometimes assuming I'm inside his head

Not really inside his head. More like, you're "in the same place." Wink Nice, you wrote about the "essentials." Smiler

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I think you captured these thoughts very well, & makes perfect sense to me, as I feel those feelings as well. You have done a very good job at depicting your thoughts. Thanks for sharing them, New Leaf. Smiler

Every day is a 'new' day, full of opportunities, adventure and a chance to make your dreams come true ©

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Thanks guys - Yanni's sound still takes me back to "In My Time", my all time favorite album/cd. I think of this cd as the essential Yanni I enjoy the most. Except for Samvel/Until the Last Moment! I can't forget Samvel! Big Grin

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Just saw this post - thank you Law. Okay, not inside his head. I try to align with an open/free zone of thought and create through that. Thanks for the comps.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of human mechanics, required transpose,
Human mechanics: a combination of mechanically moving fingers, arms to play the piano and the human factors of feeling and emotion applied effecting sound.

Our words upon letters, meaning; reposed.
We describe with words made of letters and they have meaning but by Yanni, are reposed into sound.

Feelings centered, focus exposed,
Yanni's concentration when writing, focusing on the final outcome of a piece and exposing it to the world. It's hidden and harbored until the right time!

muSIcal tones, sweet wicked, not chose.
If I describe music as wicked, it refers to the sound that leaves me powerless but to listen and enjoy. I think to create this sound, one must commnicate the feeling of that sound. I like to think it has nothing to do with chosen keys on a piano. It's about expressing a feeling and/or emotion.

Listen-feel rhythms, experiece compose of
lightening strike aftermath, this, Yanni knows.
Yanni music is an experience, not just something to hear. We are lucky enough to experience the overall joy of his music, concerts and all that Yanni's music has meant to us past and present. Yanni knows this because he is still writing and performing.

It's funny, I don't quite break it down like this in my mind when I write, I just write.