Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Yanni Fan Club Members  Hop To Forums  Creative Thoughts    Can't Sleep at Night

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Can't Sleep at Night Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
I posted over a year ago about a girl on Utoob who writes her own music after learning how well she sings that of others. Every song she writes is a hit and she holds a record for most hits in 3 days on youtube (millions). She released her first album this past spring and was on Entertainment Tonight since a gentleman affiliated with her idol (Mariah Carey) contacted her, flew her out to L.A. and helped her record her first album. I love to be a talent scout and really nailed it here with Lisa. I wanted to update you what's going on with Lisa. I exchanged email with her a year ago in support but also warned her not to burn out her voice. I heard it coming. Good news and bad. She held her first concert in front of 20,000 people and although people loved her anyway, she belted out one of her beautiful high notes but nothing came out. Laryngitis will kill a career and a passion.

Good news - Although she's extremely versatile, a few of her songs lean towards the rap genre and some of you had expressed that a few of her songs didn't particularly meet your tastes. But wait, check out her acappella in the living room where she SINGS notes lower than some men can speak! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i464XdoSKpU&feature=user

NOW - one of her songs on her album, written by her, is a jazzy, soulful song that will bring tears to your eyes if you look at the title and listen to her lyrics. It did mine. It's another classic example of how, if you put aside all the fads, the popular things to do, what the music industry wants from you, reach deep inside and bring out an emotion you can't describe with words, and put it into a song, you can't fail.

I call this "bringing something of your own to the table." Keep your eye on Lisa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnMkaL2-aDk&feature=user

<Thorns_Roses>
posted
I remember your post about her before. She is awesome! I cannot even imagine the goose bumps I would get to hear her live!

Thanks for the update. I wish her much success!

I hope you are much better each day.
Much Love,
Diana

Report This Post