Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Yanni Fan Club Members  Hop To Forums  Creative Thoughts    The Hummingbird Story means, never give up!

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Hummingbird Story means, never give up! Login/Join 
<Thorns_Roses>
posted
I thought this was very profound, and wanted to share it

The HummingBird Story

Once upon a time, not so long ago, and maybe not even so far away from where you live now, there lived many animals in a deep, green forest. And they lived in relative harmony, except when one animal was eaten by another animal as sometimes happens in a deep, green forest. But that was appreciated as the story of life and death. And the continuation of life. And in the cycle of things, as they are and as they are meant to be, there was equanimity and peace...

Until one day, a fire raged and raged in the deep, green forest. And all the animals gave chase or took flight to try and save themselves from the inferno. While running away they felt huge despair at the thought of what they were leaving behind... their only home.

When they reached a safe distance some of the animals stopped to look at the raging fire, and noticed a small spot of red in the blue sky, circling back and forth, from a clear, cool lake to the blazing, burning forest... What was it? It was the red-throated hummingbird. And in her beak she ferried a few small drops of water to try to stop the fire. She flew back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth again.

The animals below looked up in amazement. The lion looked up, the elephant, the badger and the bear. They all looked up at the red-throated hummingbird in disbelief.

And the lion roared: "Red-throated hummingbird, what do you think YOU are doing up there with your one drop of water?"

Undeterred by the impossibility of it all, the little hummingbird said: "I am doing what I can."

The Hummingbird Story means, never give up. Any effort to help is an effort worth making.

Symbol of the Hummingbird

The hummingbird symbolizes love, joy and beauty. The hummingbird is unique in that it can fly backward, teaching us that we can look back at our past, but not dwell there, and continue to go forward. Its ability to hover while drinking nectar is a lesson for us to savor each moment, while appreciating its sweetness.

I think I will go fill my well, and get some R&R. Smiler
Have a Great Weekend Everyone!
Much Love,
Diana

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
It's a beautiful story,Diana Smiler
Thanks for sharing Smiler

Myky

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Wonderful story, Diana. That's definitely my mantra, stated in a different way, but what a good point to make. When will 'they' listen?

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Every day is a 'new' day, full of opportunities, adventure and a chance to make your dreams come true ©

Yanni Fan
Picture of rima
posted Hide Post
Hi sweet Diana...very nice story.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Such a beautiful story Diana.
Thanks for sharing.

Especially in context of my current endeavour.

I'm aware that some frustrated people are posting stories of hate and anger on the internet. While I can understand where those bloggers / posters are coming from, I belive, still, it is possible to focuss on the bigger issues and spread some light...

..if I do my own bit.
(with or without any support)

warm regards,
watching

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:"Any effort to help is an effort worth making"

Wise words.

Myky

Yanni Fan
Picture of Navigator
posted Hide Post
Diana, Smilernice story. Thanks for sharing.

I found this and thought you might like it.Smiler

Hi Watching. SmilerNice to see you posting.
quote:
I'm aware that some frustrated people are posting stories of hate and anger on the internet. While I can understand where those bloggers / posters are coming from, I belive, still, it is possible to focuss on the bigger issues and spread some light...
Yes, I tend to Red Facesee Madred whenever I see some nasty post regarding Yanni's character. Nevertheless, I apologize if anything I've written on/off the board has been offensive.

Myky, I agree with the quote.Smiler

"Gotta Love It!":-)

Yanni Fan
Picture of Navigator
posted Hide Post
Oops, Diana, I forgot to add the pic and can't view my other post, yet. So am posting the pic here.

Smiler

"Gotta Love It!":-)

<Thorns_Roses>
posted
The hummingbird was my mother's favorite bird next to the nightingale, as are mine.
The blue jay is very beautiful, but they are not very nice birds.

My father was very wise, and taught us many things.
I remember him saying to watch the animals, the birds and insects. They will tell you much about life, and how to live it. If you watch carefully and listen quietly you can even learn to hear and smell the rain coming.
He also taught us that right next to a problem is the cure. The yin & yang, negative and positive, are very near each other in nature.
My father fascinated me. He never heard of yin & yang but understood the concept completely.

Here is a site that makes me think of my father's lessons.
http://www.angelfire.com/ma/shayni/lifeslessons.html
If I spent this lifetime and a thousand more I still would not fully understand it all.

Much Love,
Diana

Report This Post