Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Yanni Fan Club Members  Hop To Forums  Creative Thoughts    A Wondrous Day

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
A Wondrous Day Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of Kathy60
posted
October 12, 2008 - Sunday

It is indeed a wondrous day. I prepared for church in the usual way, but a couple of things were different, unconscious, but different. Removal of all jewelry, a stripping, so to speak, as I come to know now. As I passed through my room, there was an inexplicable urge to safely tuck a very special gift into my pocket; it felt comforting to return this item to the place it held for so long.

I sat alone in church, as usual; I sang louder than I have in a long time; I closed my eyes and felt the music that held unmemorized lyrics...I felt the Presence. During the sermon, the pastor looked straight into MY eyes and spoke; I could not break the connection; I returned the gaze, and I listened.

And for the first time, I was not afraid to stand when He called. I opened my heart and listened ever so hard, begging for a word, just for me. And, as the congregation prayed in unity, I "felt" a hand come down on my left shoulder, and then another on my right, the two places one carries one's burdens. Even though my eyes were closed tightly, a tear broke free. I was very conscious of the whole journey, from eye to hand. I waited, stripped and open to the message. A second tear dropped and then a third, coming to rest in the exact same spot as the first. 3 tears, just 3. The significance? I have 2 thoughts, but I think I will wait until I come to know His meaning.

I sit here now, my body numb, but my fingers flying over the keyboard. I am compelled to write this with high hopes for all who read it, that they may receive a message of their own.

With my heart open and a second one in my pocket, I was blessed. Thank you, Jesus. I will be back again tonight.

Sassy Kitty/Sister 101
Sanity is HIGHLY Overrated!

<Thorns_Roses>
posted
((((((((((Kathy))))))))))
What a Wondrous thing to happen!
You've been Blessed!
You always have been!

Much Love,
Diana

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Kathy60, You are very courageous to share these thoughts here. Thank you. Smiler

Patricia

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
(((Kathy)))
Thank you for sharing your 'Wondrous Day' with us. These God given times are precious.
God bless you,

Anne