Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Yanni Fan Club Members  Hop To Forums  Creative Thoughts    My essay "Until The Last Moment"

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
My essay "Until The Last Moment" Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of Subzero22
posted
hey guys. I was really glad to see a creative thoughts area on the forums. I just thought I would share Part 1 of my 2 part essay that I wrote over the course of one random night sitting in my room listening to the Acropolis concert.
-----------------------------------------------
"Until The Last Moment"
"Part 1"
Life, which is arguably the most precious and gracious gift we have recieved, also tends to be one of the most difficult subjects to describe accurately. It is the book of our lives. Life is the autobiography we are tasked to concieve. Life is everything. We can't escape our lives. Every moment of every day we are writing our histories. Life is our journal. Life is our legacy. Through events completely beyond our control, life gave us a chance. We make or break that chance. What is undeniably true of this life is that we allow ourselves to mute that life. We muffle it with our own complications. We strand ourselves from the glorious truth that we have a chance at existing in this world. Meeting a new person on the street. Going to work. A warm night under the stars. Holding hands with someone. It's so easy to get caught up in the moment. These moments expand on moments. Schedules build, worries abound, and we soon become unaware of the beauty of life. Not until rather recently had I awoken to the realization that life is extremely precious. I, too, had been neglecting the fact that I am lucky enough to be alive. I love the moments where you finally get to take a step back and realize what you have. To see the people that have influenced you, those whom you have influenced. To turn around and retrace the footsteps you left. To remember what it was like to be young, to be happy, to be careless, to be stressless, perhaps to be in love. To stare back into the world you live in and look for the areas that have been changed because of your existance. Nothing compares to the feeling of knowing you are in meant to be where you are, to be doing what you're doing, to be with the people you're with. To know that you are helping to shape those around you, just as they have changed you. We are shaped by our actions, our thoughts, our experiences, our losses, and our judgements. All life is unique. No two paths are the same. My backyard is very green. There is a lot of life outside my slider door. Unfortunatly, even though I want to enjoy it all the time, sometimes, it rains. Sometimes, it's incredibly dreary in my backyard. However, I have noticed one thing: the backyard always looks a little brighter, a little greener, after the rain has passed. Sure the rain was no fun, but it always seems to be better for the yard in the long run. Rediculous analogy, but it helps in giving a more concrete image of how my mind is working. Life isn't about avoiding problems and snags and twists, or getting out of as many predicaments as possible. It's about accepting the fact that these things will come to pass, and that when they come, we will meet them headfirst, and that we will immerge stronger than ever before. My good friend Tucker many times has shared an idea with me. He, from time to time, has expressed with me his interest in getting the words "No Regrets" tattooed onto his body. He always tells me that he doesn't know why he wants those words, but he does. For a while, I couldn't figure out why you would want those words either. However, as I was contemplating these two words on the way home from work, I began to realize the beauty of these words. Life is your autobiography, as I have said before. You make the hills, the slopes, the mountains, and the valleys. You fail, you succeed, you become who you were born to be. I am a firm believer that a human can cease to live while still being physically alive, I've done it myself, while only for a short amount of time, thank God. If we can live our lives, help make the world a better place, work to better ourselves and those around us, and to take in every single ounce of precious life given to us, there won't be any pages left for regrets. If this is indeed the way we live our lives, to the fullest and without remorse of regret, than when we perish from this world, we won't have any extra time to look back and regret. My favorite book, written by the very man that created the song which inspired this slight bit of literary work, speaks throughout the entire story about his belief that life is incredibly special. That every bit of life has two potentials. It has the potential to snuff out our flame, to ruin us and end our thirst for life, however, it also has the potential to fan our flame, and to fuel us that much more for living and for life. This man's entire philosophy on existance revolves around the principle that life is precious and invaluable. Nearly all of his public work revolves around this principle, which is exactly why he is my inspiration and my hero. I think Tucker is on to something. Gosh, my heart is pounding just thinking about it. How excellent will it be when our journey is over, when we can look back at that life we shaped and molded, and know that we wouldn't change a minute of it. For every mistake, a correction. For every failure, a success. "You Only Live Once", so live that one life to the best of all that is you, your friend, your relative, and your world. No Regrets.

"My father once said, 'If the whole world wants to go left and you feel like going right, go right. You don't have to follow. You don't have to make a big deal about which way you're going. Just go. It's very easy'."
-Yanni

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Subzero, You have some very good words here and have captured a large part of what has drawn so many of us to Yanni/his music. When you get a chance, I'd love to read part 2. Smiler

Patricia

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Welcome & hello, Subzero22. Wow, I must say for a young person, your writing is very profound, as well as very true. I agree with what you wrote & feel, 100%. I practice this every day, & it makes me very joyous to see someone else in agreement. You give hope to the world with your thoughts.

I hope you will continue to share with us; I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, as well as what you wrote on Main Yanni forum.

A big welcome to YMB. Smiler

Every day is a 'new' day, full of opportunities, adventure and a chance to make your dreams come true ©

Yanni Fan
Picture of Navigator
posted Hide Post
SmilerNice, Subzero22.
quote:
No Regrets,

I live life by something similar. If there's something I'm going to regret doing-I don't do it; and, if there's something I'm going to regret not doing-then, I do it.
However, Red Facedon't think I'd ever Big Gringet the guts to tattoo it on me.
Thanks for sharing your essay.Smiler

"Gotta Love It!":-)

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
To see the people that have influenced you, those whom you have influenced.

One of the best parts. And everyone, not just a select few.

One who obtains such thoughts from their own back yard, a song or a book, is a happy dude, and a fellow thinker. You'll do something great with your life because you don't seem to miss a thing, and although inspired by others, you have these thoughts about your own life. Because you are reaching, you will bring something original to the table that will dramatically influence someone else's life. If you haven't already. Wink

Yanni Fan
Picture of rima
posted Hide Post
Hi Subzero.. Wink

very nice essay..thank you for sharing it with us.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
quite an impressive collection of wisdom that you have amassed, subzero! (smile) count yourself blessed, for you have within you the capacity to hear the sounds that whisper the truths and secrets of life; and through your writings, a wonderful ability to share what you are hearing with others. nicely done.

Yanni Fan
Picture of Sherry Montgomery
posted Hide Post
Smiler........more.....more...

until the last moment,
Sherry

<Thorns_Roses>
posted
Nice to meet you subzero!
Very nicely written, and so true.

The difficulty is in the application of the principles on how to live life. What was it Ender said that Yanni taught him? Something like, "The complexity of simplicity" or something like that. Simplicity is not easy.

Sounds like Tucker and Henry David Thoreau had a lot in common.

I hope I am able to read more of your threads later on today.

Much Love,
Diana

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
No Regrets... You should not regret anything you do in life. At that moment there was a reason for doing it and then you have to learn. Many times a mistake is a stepping stone to something that needed to be learned. Live each day to the fullest... wake up and decide if you should have a Tigger or an Eeyore day. Always try to have a Tigger day.. with no regrets.

Thanks for sharing the essay.. have an a amazing and beautiful day!