Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Yanni Fan Club Members  Hop To Forums  Creative Thoughts    you are loved!
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
you are loved! Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Geez you have a way with words LAW. Very well written :-) Couldn't have said it better myself...

<Thorns_Roses>
posted
Wouldn't it be nice if every one could really love unconditionally?
Love, in and of itself, is a condition we attempt to rise to, (I think any way), and that condition should not have strings attached.
For instance, some may say I will show them love if they show me respect. If love is unconditional, then it just is. No ego, no thoughts enter into that feeling, just love.

The other part of the unconditional love is the type of reaction we have from that love. If it is a child it is much different from a husband or wife and such. But, the love is still unconditional. As far as friends and people we meet on the street, can we still carry that unconditional love on to them also? Wouldn't it be awesome if we could - like the butterfly effect, or the drop of water?
I wish I had the courage to drop the water more often.

Sorry for my ramblings, and it seems Shakespeare writes of love in another way. Maybe it is time to change our thinking about the word Love?

Much Love,
Diana

Sonnet 116
Shakespeare

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O, no! It is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error, and upon me be proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Wise words,Lanette.

Myky

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi Diana,

Unconditional love... that is difficult to achieve. unconditional love means that you can accept people for who they are.. the good and the bad. I do not believe that you can achieve unconditional love with everyone you meet.

I always see my children as an example of unconditional love. No matter what they do in life or the choices they make I will always love them because they are a part of me. However, if my child went and purposely took another persons life away I would love them but I would not like them. The love is unconditional but I also have principals and morals and need to abide by them. But.. due to unconditional love I would be there to help them and try to figure out what caused this and see if there was anything I could do as a parent to show my child what they did was wrong. However, if someone I know kills another... so long and farewell.. I don't believe I would EVER want to associate myself with them and love would not be there at all.

I took an extreme case to prove a point.. I hope this doesn't cause a disarray of a conversation :-)

<Thorns_Roses>
posted
Hi Porkchop,
I agree with you. There are only a handful who achieved unconditional love, and one of them died on a cross over 2000 years ago.

You can love everyone, but you may hate their actions, or you may not like what they do, or how they chose to live and so on.

To me to love someone is to honor their soul, so I guess that is not the same as to be 'in love' with someone.

A Chinese greeting may be done by holding your hands in a prayer like fashion and saying, "Nǐ hǎo" (sounds like "knee how" easy to remember that way), as you bow your head to the person you are greeting. You are actually showing honor to the persons soul/spirit in respect. If you were to greet someone like Yanni you might do the same and say, "Jiǔwén dàmíng"

I do not know if I could still 'love' someone who killed another. I think I would actually hate them for their action. Because their action would cause a ripple effect that will affect all of us in some way. I pray I could still 'love' the Godless soul.

This world cannot afford any more negativity, it spreads like a wild fire, and it is almost impossible to change it to positive. The positive grows too, but it is easier to remember the negativity, the bad.

I know, only in a perfect world, and that we do not have. Who knows, maybe someday it will be a little better.

Sorry to ramble on. I have had little sleep. so I am not explaining myself very well.

quote:
I took an extreme case to prove a point. I hope this doesn't cause a disarray of a conversation :-)

Not at all Porkchop. This is a very interesting topic. I just wish I was not so tired. Smiler

Much Love,
Diana

Report This Post