Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  Yanni on Tour  Hop To Forums  Tour Forum    Identifying songs played in concert

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Identifying songs played in concert Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
Hi,

Last night, I attended Yanni's Jones Beach, NY, concert and enjoyed it very much. However, during the show, there were at least three (3) pieces that could have been totally new (he said in some comments that there'd be new music among the various "favorites") or maybe simply "newer" to me, and was wondering how I could find out what they were, please (and, also, the albums they're from, if any)...

As perhaps the setlist is the same each night, please note that I'm referring to:

* The second song he and his (band? orchestra? etc.?) played

* The song right after "Nightingale", and

* The song (medley?) right after THAT one...specifically the second of two (2) songs in that medley (as the first one sounded familiar)

Can you or someone please assist me with this?

Thanks,
Bram Weiser

Yanni Fan
Picture of ohiohummingbird
posted Hide Post
Hi Bram. I don't remember what song was right after One Man's Dream. I just know that Lauren and Lisa were out there briefly. but after Nightingale he played Dance With Me, 2nd one I can't remember, and then Human Condition! Hope that helps you out. Of course he might change it up a bit each night Wink

Love and Hugs,
Hummer

~Hi Ho Songbird~

Life doesn't give us chances...Life is our chance to give ~ from a Ziggy cartoon

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
The song before Human Condition was Acroyali

Yanni Fan
Picture of Louise Tirrell
posted Hide Post
I think the song you're referring to is "Drive" with Lisa & Lauren. It's from the Sensuous Chill CD.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks, All.

Louise, you might be on to something because that's one of the few CDs of his that I don't yet have. ;-)

I'll have to seek out "Human Condition" to see if that rings a bell.

Would've been great to see song titles super-imposed on the video screens, and/or a published setlist in an easy-to-find location, though...(think of Dave Matthews Band or Bruce Springsteen and how they make their setlists available after shows happen).

Thanks,
Bram Weiser

Thanks again,
Bram

Yanni Fan
Picture of Louise Tirrell
posted Hide Post
Human Condition is on the latest CD-Yanni the Dream Concert Live from the Great Pyramids of Egypt. It's my new favorite Yanni CD. Dance with Me is also on the Sensuous Chill CD.
Happy to be of assistance to you!

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Louise.

I thought "Human Condition" was also on a much earlier album in a studio version. Indeed, Google confirmed that with a notation that it appeared on "Niki Nana".

In addition, "Dance With Me" sounds like the spoken lyric that a singer sang to David, the digeridoo (sp?) player on the "Tribute" album during the song, "Niki Nana". (I'm sensing a theme... ;-) ) Is it truly a stand-alone piece's title, too?

Bram