Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    "Nican", "Theory of Everything" & TV Sports Themes

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"Nican", "Theory of Everything" & TV Sports Themes Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
Hi, Everyone,

As I'm sure is true for many of you, I've been a fan of Yanni's music for many years. However, some of his work that I enjoy a lot isn't(?) yet available publicly on CD...or is it...and, if not, when might it be?

I'm referring to (perhaps among others):

* "Nican" (the piece that opened the "Voices" TV concert special with the chorus of kids singing onstage with Yanni)

* "Theory of Everything" (a piece sung by Leslie Mills with quite an appealing tempo to it)

* Various TV sports themes that Yanni composed (I know that "Santorini", which CBS used for US Open Tennis for several years has long since been available, but "In Celebration of Man", as one example, which is NBC's music for US Open Golf, hasn't been)

Are there any plans, please, to release this music publicly on CD and, if so, when might that be?

Thanks so much!

Sincerely,
Bram Weiser

<YMusicMuse>
posted
Hello Bram, and welcome to the message board.

Currently there aren't any plans to release Nican or Theory of Everything, though we do pay attention to the requests we receive for future planning. Those are great songs.

CBS owns the rights to "In Celebration of Man" at the present time. We get a lot of requests for that song as well, and hopefully something will be worked out in the future.

Thank you for your requests, and we hope to see you here often.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks, YMusicMuse. (In truth, I remember posting some time back on an earlier version of this Board, so I guess that makes this a "welcome back" of sorts...Wink )

Actually, I'm surprised the most about "Nican" as I believe it's on the "Voices" DVD (but not CD, not even the PBS Companion disc, "Voices: Live From The Forum In Acapulco")...

Still, yes, please count me as one (more?) who wants...well...all of the material like this released soon on CD.

Lastly, just wondering, but might you have meant NBC having the rights (it appeared on telecasts on that network)?

Please keep us posted (email blast?) about plans to release additional material like this, hopefully to happen sooner rather than later...

Thanks again.

Sincerely,
Bram Weiser

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
In my opinion it would be wonderful to release an album with old instrumental compositions,songs recorded years ago Smiler Smiler"In Celebration of Man", "Mother Night" (released in the compilation "Piano Two") or for example the versions of "Desire" and "A Love For Life" played at the concert at the Royal Albert Hall..
It would be great! Smiler Cool

Myky

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Myky, I agree!! I think there is also another sports song named Fanfare that is not available (maybe I'm wrong on that, but I think it is played for golf events). I've also noticed on a couple of recent commercials that snatches of some of the music really sounds like parts of some Yanni songs. This could be my imagination---or a marketing tool (like using people in commercials who look like "famous" people).

Patricia

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Yes,you're right Patricia SmilerThere's another song named "Fanfare".There's also another song that I like:"World Dance"(released in an edition of the album "Yanni Live!The concert event").I don't have that particular edition of that cd..so,I think that an album with these old instrumental songs would be fantastic! Cool

Myky