Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Yanni's Music for Music Therapy
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Yanni's Music for Music Therapy Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of Kichu
posted
Music Therapy i believe is not something new to all of us. Being a Yanni fan since the early 1990's i though yanni's soothing and calm pieces of music would be a perfect tool for music therapy....A musician is good enough if he entertains but he is great if he touches people's heart and soul and more importantly generates emotions...yanni i thought is one of those great musicians...reading the experiences of other YMB members and fans and how Yanni's music helped them survive and rise from difficult situations is a strong testimony of the same....
Was wondering if his music is really being used somewhere around the world for this purpose....and other mwmbers please share your valuable thoughts on this topic..........God Bless Yanni.....

Kichu
the Squirrel

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Hi bluey,
I have always thought that music can be very therapeutic and many here have testified to that fact with regard to Yanni's music. I have often found it very uplifting myself in many situations.
I remember, sometime ago, reading about an article in a British Medical Journal where it stated that music of Mozart was regarded to have healing qualities and Yanni's name was mentioned too.
God bless,

Anne

Yanni Fan
Picture of Kichu
posted Hide Post
Thank You SEREN!!!!

Kichu
the Squirrel

Yanni Fan
Picture of Linda C
posted Hide Post
When I first met Ming Freeman, he told me that he believes there are certain frequencies in music that are definitely healing. He heard some of that in Yanni's music and that was the reason he wanted to work with him.

We have all heard many stories of people who have been healed physically or emotionally listening to his music. Even if all the music does is put you in a different frame of mind when you are stressed physically, mentally or emotionally, it has a great deal of value.

I find that I can work incredibly boring jobs for many hours if I have his music playing in the background. I don't even have to change the CDs. I just put on one and let it go all day.

Linda C

Yanni Fan
Picture of victoria
posted Hide Post
to Bluey, Saren, and Linda Re music therapy. wwww.musictherapy.org=======www.nordoff-robins.com.au==www.berklee.edu/majors/music_therapy=====centerformusictherapy.com====web site for british journal of music therapy=www.bsmt.org/journal I thought this might be of interest to you. Many more can be found by typing music therapy in your web broser. Love to all-Victoria

Yanni Fan
Picture of THE flame within
posted Hide Post
Is a Real Therapy His Music It Is The Comfort The Comfort ItSelf................

We Love Music Because We Love Yanni.

Yanni Fan
Picture of Louise25
posted Hide Post
Your're right Ann. Only two Mozart compositions were deemed to have a "Mozart effect" the K448 (for two pianos) and K488, in which research suggests that listening to these piano sonatas improved spatial reasoning skills, among other things. Only ONE other composition has ever been found to have the same effect, that being the Acropolis version of "Acroyali/Standing in Motion", because it is similar to the K448 in tempo, structure, melodic and harmonic consonance and predictability, according to the Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine. (Yanni in Words pg 67 - plus have read it in other medial articles)

(but I just think they're all therapeutic) Smiler

D.L.
SweetLou/VF#2

"We are not human beings having a temporary spiritual experience.....We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience".

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Hi Louise,
It's nice to see you posting again after a long break.
Thanks too for expanding on that. My memory is awful these days.
I think it's time I read Yanni's book again too. Smiler

Anne

Yanni Fan
Picture of Louise25
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ann. Smiler Seems every time I read it I find something new (or forgotten)...Smiler

D.L.
SweetLou/VF#2

"We are not human beings having a temporary spiritual experience.....We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience".

Yanni Fan
Picture of Kichu
posted Hide Post
Thank You Louise25 for ur valueble input...nice to know the standing in motion is one of the songs....i really do love that song...its a masterpiece.....

Kichu
the Squirrel