Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Is Yanni's "If I Could Tell you" album a gem or what?
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is Yanni's "If I Could Tell you" album a gem or what? Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of Trinitas
posted
When I first heard If I could Tell you I was in great awe over the layers of sounds and the way Yanni incorporated everything in it nicely. I want to see more of this sound from him, not that any of his other music is not as good but If I could tell you is a great expression from Yanni. Its my favorite album till this day and its inspirational for me.I like that it is a album of him of his own work, I mean that in the sense of no other artist like his new Ethnicity, he shows us his true self in If I could tell you. What do you think?

Yanni Fan
Picture of Terrysown
posted Hide Post
I agree with you Trinitas, on If I Could Tell You. I was surprised how much I loved this cd. I got it after Ethnicity, which was my 1st. I then went went out and got all the others.
I truely LOVE on Sacred Ground and Wishing Well is a great dancing tune. I feel this cd posses a comfortable smooth texture that flows from the beginning right to the end. Its different from his earlier composition, with the unique sounds. He seems calm and content doing this one. Like he's where he wants to be. You can tell he really enjoyed making it.
I'll find myself popping this one in more often than most. But I have to say, there is a special place in me for each and every one of his songs.

Yanni Fan
Picture of Carol D.
posted Hide Post
Hi you two;
I agree. The whole cd is stunningly beautiful. I especially love On Sacred Ground, Midnight Hymn, With an Orchid, Highland, and I think If I Could Tell You is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard in my life. If I don't make myself stay in control, it can make me cry just instantly. Not because I'm troubled in any way, but just because of the sheer beauty of the music.
If you've watched the bonus piece on the Tribute dvd about the making of IICTY, Yanni says it is the most effortless album he has ever made. I know for the rest of my life, I will never be without it. I listen to it again and again and never get tired of it.

Yanni Fan
Picture of EHK
posted Hide Post
IICTY album is very natural, quiet, relaxing, peacful... One of Yanni's best albums.

My fav songs on IICTY:

On Sacred Grnd, November Sky, Walk In The Rain, With an orchid, midnight hymn... Smiler

To The One Who Knows; YANNI...

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
It is a beautiful album but unlike his others I can't seem to connect with Yanni's emotions in this one. what's wrong hear that I don't connect or is it supposed to be a mystery about his emotions?????

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
IICTY will probably always be the most precious, of Yanni's music, to me...

The CD came out towards the end of a very difficult relationship and very dark period in my life...there were many times, then, when Yanni's music had been the only thing I felt secure clinging too, especially in the middle of the night, when I found myself exhausted from the turmoil of the day, and too afraid to sleep for fear of what the night might bring.

I was incredibly thankful for the intervention the music had become, yet saddened to realize that I had associated the music that I loved with that particular time in life...I, truly, did not think I would ever be able to listen to it again without returning to memories of that time in my life or those nights...

When IICTY was released, I felt as if I was given a gift, free from past associations...I tucked it away, without listening to it. I was determined that I was going to protect it until I was ready to begin again...and have this new music to accompany and underscore that new begining!

I look back on that, now, and realize how foolish that had been...waiting had been a, needless, mistake (gentle smile)...for interwoven through this music was an intimate, personal, journey...of human emotions and understanding, not so different from that of our own.

I once said, long ago, that to me, this CD felt as if it was about the kind of intimate work a person does to bring themselves to a better understanding of who they are. It still feels the same...

As you so appropriately put it, Trinatis, it's definately a rare and precious gem!

Yanni Fan
Picture of ohiohummingbird
posted Hide Post
Just a curiosity question. For me and any others that don't know, why do several of you type IICTY when discussing the Ethnicity album??? Which right now just happens to be my favorite! Just can't hear it enough, I play it at work in my computer, in my vehicle, and at home!!
Thanks,
Beth

Love and Hugs,
Hummer

~Hi Ho Songbird~

Life doesn't give us chances...Life is our chance to give ~ from a Ziggy cartoon

Yanni Fan
Picture of Carol D.
posted Hide Post
Hi ohiohummingbird;
IICTY actually refers to If I Could Tell You, and saves typing the whole thing out every time you want to mention it. I guess you could say it's shorthand!

Yanni Fan
Picture of Carol D.
posted Hide Post
I agree with you about how wonderful it is, I can't get enough either. I've listened to it now a million times and I still get goosebumps and shivers with most of the songs. What a masterpiece, to put it mildly.

Yanni Fan
Picture of Carol D.
posted Hide Post
Boy, I need to get my thoughts together in one basket here---that's Ethnicity I was referring to as a masterpiece, but IICTY also qualifies!