Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Rainmaker
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Rainmaker Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of Chiara
posted
Hey everyone! you obviously will notice that I'm new Wink but I just couldn't resist not joining Big Grin

Anyway enough of me lol In July it'll be a year since I became a Yanni fan, and I have to acknowledge that what got me into him..besides that dark and penetrating stare..was Ethnicity the first album I introduced myself to Eeker

I had the privilege to attend the Phoenix show in November, and I have to say that although I was already inlove with Rainmaker, the live version made it seem as though I were listening to it for the very first time, I was really blown away. So I was just thinking, isn't it an amazing song? Eeker I do believe that it automatically became a classic!

Big Grin

Yanni Fan
Picture of wantfrieswiththat
posted Hide Post
Of course you could not resist joining! All visitors eventually give in and jump into the fun. Welcome, Chiara! Big Grin

"Rainmaker" is one of my favorites too. You're right, there's nothing quite like the live version either... especially with the extra parts that were performed live which are not on the Ethnicity CD. Truly outstanding.

"Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion."

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Rainmaker is my favorite from the Ethnicity CD. Never Too Late is my second favorite, with Yanni singing with Alfie. COme to think of it, I'm just crazy about Yanni's music. I work in an office where there are many young people. I'm trying to introduce them to Yanni through his videos. I call myself "Blockbuster Bev".
It's a lot of fun.

Bev809

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Welcome Chiara. Smiler
I agree, I love Rainmaker so much and the live version is just awesome.

Anne

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
It's a wonderful song, I listen Ethnicity when I am in my bedroom. But "For All Seasons" is my favorite of this album.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Can anyone tell me if the foreign words in some of the songs from the Ethnicity CD are actual words that mean something or are they just made up for the effect? I am curious.

Bev809

Yanni Fan
Picture of ohiohummingbird
posted Hide Post
Mee to, Bev. Hope someone has an answer for us!

Love and Hugs,
Hummer

~Hi Ho Songbird~

Life doesn't give us chances...Life is our chance to give ~ from a Ziggy cartoon

Yanni Fan
Picture of Chiara
posted Hide Post
actually, I don't remember the name of the website, but they had an interview posted with Yanni regarding Ethnicity, and he said that he made up the "languages" Smiler he said that actual words caused people to think or something so he made up unintelligible languages. Big Grin

Farewell, but you will be
with me, you will go within
a drop of blood circulating in my veins
or outside, a kiss that burns my face
or a belt of fire at my waist.

-From Letter on the Road by Pablo Neruda

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
You Know Chiara, Most of the tribes look at the Rainmaker as a saviour. They call him whenever it doesn't rain cause with his dances and prayers he will make it rain. That's how i look at myself in life. I wanna be a Rainmaker...I wanna make everything possible...and after listining to Yanni's astonishing song "Rainmaker" I made a promise to be a rainmaker. Rainmaker is a wonderful spng if you look into its real meaning.....

Sam Horness

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Okay Sam Joseph. You can make rain any day but Saturday mornings, okay? I need to do grocery shopping early, rain free. That's when I take over & stop the rain, just like Yanni's mom. Is it a deal?

Every day is a 'new' day, full of opportunities, adventure and a chance to make your dreams come true ©