Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    new song - question
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
new song - question Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
Hi everyone! I have a question: I've just seen that the discussion about Yanni's new song has disappeared. What happened? Is that normal? You see, I don't know how the website works...
Happy new year to everybody! Smiler

Picture of Kathrine
posted Hide Post
Hello Nostos. There were a number of posts that were made that were not only unkind but leaning towards slanderous.

Yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion but everyone that is on this message board MUST abide by the Terms and Service clearly outlined when they first sign up. Members not following the TOS will be put into moderation and management will be advised of this. They will decide if a member is to be released or completely banned from the YMB.

Managment is aware of the string and the issues/comments being made.

Until I hear further from them the string, and others like it will be put into moderation.

Everyone must remember that there are younger fans on this board not just adults, so posts must be kept civil. Profanity is NOT allowed at any time.

I trust this clears the matter.

Kathrine

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
It quite does but I thought the "improper" posts were not permitted from the beggining (I mean before publication). I didn't know they could be put into moderation even days after...
To speak about me, I did not have the least intention to be unkind or slanderous to anyone. (And I believe the same about the other participants in the discussion.) I don't know if I sounded so, though... If that's the case, I am sincerely sorry about that. Frowner
P.S. Kathrine, you promised me you would send me an address to write or send an e- mail to Yanni personally. Do you have my e-mail address? (Because I suppose you will send it there.) Thank you! I hope this isn't a big inconvenience for you! Happy New Year! Smiler

Picture of Kathrine
posted Hide Post
Thank you Nostos. It was not your comments that were of concern. Smiler

There are "trigger" words that will automatically throw a member's post into a content alert queue. No members except for myself and management can see these posts. And yes if we deem that a string is getting nasty, we can, and will block the string by putting it into moderation. It could be released or it may not.

The YMB is not like Facebook where there is no control over what is said or posted. There are measures in place that ensures the YMB is closely monitored at all hours of the day.

As I had said earlier, there are quite a number of young fans that come to the YMB and it is our primary goal to keep this messageboard a safe and enjoyable place for fans of all ages to visit.

Happy new year.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Kathrine I am so proud of you. You are a great moderator. I know management is proud of you too. Keep up the good work

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot, Kathrine! Your words have been of great relief to me!

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I hope that the my posts weren't considered those one who were unkind... I haven't read the YMB recently..

Myky

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I think that the discussion has to go on this time..but not here..
In the Yanni Community , in the forum, or on FB we are talking about that song.. and personally I'll keep doing it..
thanks Smiler

Myky

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
This is a closed, protective circle forum- management is aware of the conversation on his own website , FB, YC and it hasn't been removed. Regardless of my thoughts on that discussion and allegations, the removal of this string is the exact reason there are no longer a large group of members contributing to this, the old YMB. This board was kept after a crazy outcry by a few membersout of pity, not out of necessity. No differing criticisms, discussion or opinions are allowed here.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I've realised that.