Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Question: who's the...

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Question: who's the... Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of Chiara
posted
I just finished listening to Ethnicity, and was wondering if anyone knows who the male vocalist is on Tribal Dream and Never Too Late? Confused

anybody who can help me out, thanks Big Grin

Farewell, but you will be
with me, you will go within
a drop of blood circulating in my veins
or outside, a kiss that burns my face
or a belt of fire at my waist.

-From Letter on the Road by Pablo Neruda

<crackedeggg>
posted
Yanni

Report This Post
<zoe>
posted
I wondered the same thing, and then found out it was Yanni.I was amazed.He has an awesome voice..I can listen to those two songs over and over.He should sing more songs..

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of Chiara
posted Hide Post
somehow I'm...not surprisedBig Grin that's one heck of a voice he's got that's for sure!Eeker I agree with you zoe, he should do it more often! Big Grin

thanks crackedeggg Smiler

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Chiara,

I had the same question after I bought the Ethnicity CD. However, my question was answered whwn I went to his concert in 2003 at Madison Square Garden. When Alfie handed the microphone to Yanni during Never Too Late, I burst out crying. I was so surprised! I too would love to hear Yanni sing more. He has this deep sexy voice that fits his personna.

Bev809

Yanni Fan
Picture of Chiara
posted Hide Post
Wow, Never Too Late wasn't even on the play list at the Phoenix show *pouts* well maybe some day I'll get to see that one for myself Big Grin
Bev I probably would have been crying as well, even though I wasn't surprised, it would've been shocking to wonder about it, then attend the concert and hear and see the unexpected! Eeker

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Chiara,
Welcome to the Message Board!

What's more bizarre is that I was sitting next to a girl who, as I did, knew every song that was played. I had casually mentioned to her as they began to play Never Too Late " I know who the woman is, but who is the man" and then the audience went wild. What a night that was. My poor husband did comfort me while I was crying. I am really surprised he agreed to go with me to this last one - January 24th at Radio City in Manhattan. However, I think for Yanni's next concert I will ask a friend or take someone who has never seen Yanni in concert. That will be A NIGHT TO REMEMBER!

Bev809
bEV8

Yanni Fan
Picture of Linda C
posted Hide Post
I know that people in the later part of the tour were disappointed that Yanni didn't do that song. Some people thought maybe he had done something to his voice and that was the reason they cut the song. I asked Michelle Amato about it last November, and she said that he wanted to shorten the concert and, in consideration of the other people, he cut himself first. That way, no one would feel they were being slighted by their special showcase piece being taken out. I thought that was really wonderful of him to do it that way, but it sure did disappoint fans who didn't see it. The last day he did it was May 3 in Anahiem. The next night at the Hollywood Bowl, it had been cut. I had told him at the book signing that they were playing Anaheim on my birthday and that I was expecting him to sing for me. LOL Well, I guess, in a way, he did. And then he quit.

I guess we will just have to be content to hear it on the CD.

Linda C.