Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Turn Of The Tide!!!

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Turn Of The Tide!!! Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of magnolia
posted
This is from the OPTIMYSTIQUE CD from 1980!!!.....OMG!!!! Absolutely Beautiful. Only today I realized that it really runs over 7 minutes. But the CD cover says it's run for 3:52 mins.

I'm glad Yanni didn't change it before releasing it. The CD cover says he wanted to preserve a particular time early in his career. And he wanted to fondly remember that part of his history!!

I'm glad for his choice!

Thank you Yanni for this beautiful music!!! Smiler

A MAGNOLIA for YANNI.
Marie Lena!

Picture of Kathrine
posted Hide Post
Smiler I agree Marie. I've had that cd for years & still enjoy listening to it. I believe it was the 2nd cd of Yanni's that I had purchased (many many years ago). I was going thru a nasty marriage/separation in 1989 (which turned into a nastier divorce), and Yanni's music just kind of jumped out at me & seemed to help me put so much of what I was going through back into perspective. Eternally grateful to the man and his music. x/o Kathrine

Yanni Fan
Picture of magnolia
posted Hide Post
Yes Kathrine...very soft and gentle piece of music but yet it evokes so much emotion!! Smiler

A MAGNOLIA for YANNI.
Marie Lena!

Yanni Fan
Picture of Christian Piper
posted Hide Post
Oh yes. Plus the song has some history behind it. It takes us back to the days before Yanni really went from rock to easy listening. Plus, it takes me back to the days when one of my brothers got in trouble for playing one of his Styx albums pretty loud.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
The ocean is powerful. Always different. And completely self sufficient. It reflects, holds deep, moves much yet is moved by a force itself. Changes in the tide hint of an awakening and a hibernation in a cycle that fearlessly never ends. Perhaps representing balance. No wonder it captured Yanni's attention. Big Grin

Yanni Fan
Picture of magnolia
posted Hide Post
I'm dead scared of the oceans!! Wink

A MAGNOLIA for YANNI.
Marie Lena!

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
I love this album too, Marie and `Turn of the Tide` is awesome. Smiler

Anne

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I agree.

Very nice description of the ocean, Hawk!

Yanni Fan
Picture of Louise25
posted Hide Post
Hi Marie!

Here goes, my two cents: I too sense the emotion and it starts out quite mesmerizing and lovely, but then it gets a bit too electronic for my taste, and the whole album for that matter, but that's just me. I don't know. I love the sound of the keyboards, so many hundreds of racks that can be used on them with such gorgeous sounds, but for some reason these particular sounds on this album do not appeal to me. I'm a big fat lover of the good ole acoustic grand piano sound too. Smiler

But speaking of that album, do you think THE MAGUS, and FAREWELL, are one and the same tune, only a little different? Maybe I have a screwed up CD.

I agree with you Antares, good picture of the ocean Hawk - I read it over and over, never thought of it that way. Smiler

D.L.
SweetLou/VF#2

"We are not human beings having a temporary spiritual experience.....We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience".