Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Renegade

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Renegade Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
Does anyone out there have any feelings for Renegade? I just love it. The blend of different sounds and rhythms. That too is one of my favorites. I always picture a man riding a horse lazily through the desert, then picking up the pace as he was being chased by a posse.
I gotta get out more!

Bev809

Yanni Fan
Picture of Carol D.
posted Hide Post
Hi Bev;
Renegade is one of my very favourite Yanni songs. There have been a few discussions on this board about it, and it seems to be a favourite of many. I can listen to it over and over and I never get tired of it. If I have the Tribute dvd playing, I have to make sure in my travels around the house, that I'm actually in front of the tv when Renegade comes on.

It has a very sensual feel to it, especially at the start. You're right, it's a combination of beautiful rythmns. If you have the dvd, watch the expressions on Karen Briggs' face as she is playing it! I think all women love the song.
I would LOVE to see it back in the Yanni concerts of the future.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Carol D,

I do have the video and I have seen the expressions on Karen Brigg's face during her performance of that song. She feels the music passionately, not only Renegade but all Yanni's music. I love watching her play in Nostalgia; it's so beautiful and moving. I think you know what I mean. Yes, I too, would loe to see Yanni add it to his next concert. What a treat!

Bev809

Yanni Fan
Picture of EHK
posted Hide Post
Renegade is one of my all time fav Yanni songs...

It's hilarious, brings magic to my ears, and I keep on listening to it once Tribute CD is on! Smiler

I love how Yanni moves to a different melody in Renegade, it's very professional, peak of maturity in composition...

Ur say about Renegade " The blend of different sounds and rhythms." is very true... Smiler

To The One Who Knows; YANNI...

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I can see when Yanni makes a magic touch on this song. He makes a downing note scale four times very fast, I think that his keyboard is very good, I can't do it on my keyboard.

Yanni Fan
Picture of wantfrieswiththat
posted Hide Post
Have you noticed how Karen and Pedro's riffs on the end of the song are very similar to the style of "Playtime"?

Bev, you are right about Karen's expressions... she really feels it. True showmanship too.

Maybe it's just me. I just love to listen to it.

"Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion."

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
My favorite part of that song is when the ENTIRE orchestra comes in to begin the SLAM at the very end. The timing of it is brilliant and the whirling sound the violins collectively make gives me the chills.