Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Looking for the name of a song

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Looking for the name of a song Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
I was wondering if anyone know the name of the first song Yanni ever performed at the Royal Albert Hall in London. I want to know the name of the very first song he played when the concert started. Anyone has watched it? Thanks.

-Aaron

<crackedeggg>
posted
Hi Aaron.

The piece you are asking about is called Desire.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Thank You Bonnie. I really appreciate that. Smiler

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Ahhhhhhh.... Desire. That is one of Yanni's most beautiful songs. I actually loved it when I first bought Yanni's "Dare to Dream" album. But then seeing it performed live with his band and orchestra was an otherworldly experience.

It actually surprised a lot of us - usually when Yanni starts a song live, we know what it is, but during that tour ("Acropolis 1995 Live", he chose to open many of his classic favorites with new introductions which had us trying to guess which song it was.

Desire (which opened the second half of th eshow) started very haunting and mysterious, with a didgeridoo soloing and then the orchestra taking turns at solos before the percussion and drums kicked in and Yanni bounced onstage. The song is dark and passionate, yet full of energy and life.

Desire is probably my favorite Yanni song from the 90s, along with Keys to Imagination and Within Attraction.

I've seen the Yanni: Live at Royal Albert Hall video as well as that tour, which was the "Acropolis Tour 1995", on another video and in live performance in Dallas.

That was one of the best tours!
-Omar

Violinist Omar Lopez and his band are a powerful live experience in sound, energy, and passion. Omar's music is available in CD or mp3 (digital download) format from CD Baby - just go to CDBaby. You can also listen to his music on his Official MySpace Music Page!

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Ah Yes. Desire is really beautiful, especially when Yanni plays the keyboard with his signature sound which he uses on most of his songs. I'm going to see him live on Feb Smiler

-Aaron

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
DESIRE DESIRE DESIRE DESIRE

YES YES THAT'S MY FAVORITE, IT'S JUST SO PASSIONATE AND FULL OF.... WELL DESIRE!!

LET'S ALL ASK YANNI TO PUT DESIRE IN THE CURRENT CONCERT OR ANY CONCERT!!

GO YANNI !!
YANNI ROCKS!!

Yanni Fan
Picture of EHK
posted Hide Post
It's greatly orchestrated... Smiler

I loved the studio version of Desire, but when I watched Albert Hall DVD, it was totally something else... Wink

To The One Who Knows; YANNI...

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Yea the studio version was created like 1992 but as years went on, Yanni learned new and many things and I love the ending of desire which he performed at Albert Hall.