Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Sound Used in Keys To imagination

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sound Used in Keys To imagination Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
hello everyone!
What's the sound that Yanni uses in keys to imagination? The sound looks like a guitar.
Nice sound

Picture of Kathrine
posted Hide Post
Hello Filipe.

The original of Keys to Imagination was recorded in his home studio in Minneapolis, Minnesota, so I'd have to say on the synthesizer. I'll double check for you.

Smiler Kathrine

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Obviously it's a synthesizer, being that Yanni either plays that or piano.

The question itself is about the kind of "patch" Yanni is using for the main, percussive, melodic sound. The sound is a synthesized dulcimer.

Violinist Omar Lopez and his band are a powerful live experience in sound, energy, and passion. Omar's music is available in CD or mp3 (digital download) format from CD Baby - just go to CDBaby. You can also listen to his music on his Official MySpace Music Page!

Picture of Kathrine
posted Hide Post
“Obviously” ForeverRed I don’t have the musical knowledge that you do and what I did have to offer Filipe was the information I had on hand at that specific moment.

Since you have so kindly answered Filipe’s question with what could possibly be the correct information, I will advise Yanni’s Management team that their assistance is not required. We all know I wouldn’t want to be rude and waste their time and come back to the board with a repetitive answer.

Kathrine

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Sorry Kathrine, that's not how I intended it to sound. Yanni uses a plethora of synthesizers to create a myriad of beautiful sounds on his music, ranging from a crystal clear classical piano sound to the dulcimer, as well as other sounds like artificial strings, harp, winds (he created the original flute melody on "On Sacred Ground" for the If I Could Tell You album track before Pedro played it live), and voices.

My apologies for being brash.
-Omar

Violinist Omar Lopez and his band are a powerful live experience in sound, energy, and passion. Omar's music is available in CD or mp3 (digital download) format from CD Baby - just go to CDBaby. You can also listen to his music on his Official MySpace Music Page!

Picture of Kathrine
posted Hide Post
Hello Omar. It was thoughtful of you to come forward with a clear explanation to our earlier posts and your apology is greatly appreciated.

Your musical expertise has and will probably come in handy to all of us in the future.

Thank you.

Smiler Kathrine