Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    how did you know yanni for the first time?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
how did you know yanni for the first time? Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
I knew yanni for the first time by seening the cover of TRIBUTE albume in one of my friends's home, I asked him who the guy in the pictuer was, and he told you have got to listen to him. Immediately I was cought by Deleverange then by the rest of the alboum, but I have not fell in love with yanni untill I heared another alboum which had in it Standing in motion, because I was knowing this song long before I knew Yanni. after knowing that he wrote Standing in motion I had a mission that took me around 8 years to accomplish, the mission was to get all of his melodies and songs. I became an addicted person to Yanni.

that is my story what is yours

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
The first song I heard was Nostalgia. My brother happened to be playing it loud on the stereo and I was totally gripped, fascinated, speechless. Then it was my sis who asked him, is that Yanni? He said yes and I quickly Googled him. Ok, this may be stupid, but at first i thought Yanni was some young new-found talent in HER 20-s so you can imagine how shocked I was when I saw the search results Big Grin

I was lucky cos CCTV Music(a chinese TV channel) happened to broadcast his Live At Acropolis. I was blown away when i heard Santorini. It had so much power and exuberance. the song that made me completely in love was Nightingale and believe it or not I as moved to tears haha. Since then I became Yanni's loyal fan, because no other music has conjured so much emotions in me than Yanni's. I learn the violin and whenever I'm tired I listen to At First Sight. It makes all the body aches go away.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
My first time was at my house. We had guests over and we were all talking and having a good time in the living room. My brother was in charge of the music and he put some nice, calm, relaxing, tranquil music. My focus went off from the conversation to the music when I noticed the most beautiful piano song I have ever heard. I asked my bro who the person was after and he said Yanni and the song was One Man's Dream form the Live at Acropolis CD. I asked him if I could borrow the CD for a while and listened to it that very night. I literally was in tears after hearing the song again in the quiet. I became addicted to Yanni. Hahaha and the best part was that I found out that we had three other CD's of his (If I Could Tell You, Dare To Dream, and Snowfall). After that day I went and bought another CD of his (Tribute) which led to another (In My Time) which led to another, etc. Before I knew it I had nearly 20 of his CD's!! I still have all those CD's which are also nicely on my iPod!! Smiler

Yanni Fan
Picture of Navigator
posted Hide Post
Hi Killerrose. I'm Navigator. SmilerNice to meet you.
quote:
how did you know yanni for the first time?
SmilerThe memory is very vivid in my mind. The introduction was during a ride.Smiler

"Gotta Love It!":-)