Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    I.I.C.T.Y.

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
I.I.C.T.Y. Login/Join 
Picture of Anne.
posted
If I could ......share some thoughts with you.

Today was what I call my visiting day:
Some members of our Church take a meeting in a local Senior Citizens residence and then we have lunch in the cafe and afterwards I visit church members who are house bound or sick. I do love doing this but today I was a bit tired and run down and it was one of those drizzly, misty days that I really hate. I just wanted to stay indoors in the warm.
I went to the car and decided I`d play IICTY as I haven`t heard that for a while.
There is something about this Album: Yanni wrote it after his time of depression during what was obviously his healing time and I feel it has such a therapeutic effect on me everytime I listen to it. By the time I got to the meeting I was in very good spirits. Smiler
This experience has happened to me over and over again when I`ve played Yanni`s CD`s. Each one has it`s own individual effect, and I`ve not come across this with any other artist`s music.
It is so diverse in nature that it`s able to reach out to all kinds of people in their many diverse circumstances.
I know there are many good composers out there, who have great talent, but I feel God has given Yanni a really special gift to create music that affects the souls of those whom he connects with; and I for I am very thankful to God that he did this.
Anne.

Anne

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I agree Anne. Smiler
Especially after reading "YANNI IN WORD" twice, I feel like now that I have learned so much more about Yanni, that when I listen to his music, I can relate to what part of his life that music reflects.

I love "IICTU." Smiler
I think it's a very sensitive album, that really reflects the delicate side of Yanni.
I to, when listening to it, can relate to some of the hurt.
That album warms me when I listen to it.
It's uplifting to me, and out of all of Yanni's albums, "IICTU" seems to reach my soul more than the rest.
I guess because I've been there.
I can relate to what Yanni really went through.
Smiler

Be well ~

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I really connect with you on this Anne. There are few songs, much less entire CDs, that affect me the way If I Could Tell You does. I feel an overwhelming sense of freedom being expressed with this particular CD. I may be way off base on this but I think this work was not only some of his best, but also an unselfish gift we received as a result of a dark period in Yanni's life.
jenny

Yanni Fan
Picture of Christian Piper
posted Hide Post
On the last song on the album, you hear what is called a "Slap Bass". It's played in lots of easy listening songs.

Yanni Fan
Picture of EHK
posted Hide Post
Thats very true, "Each one has it`s own individual effect, and I`ve not come across this with any other artist`s music." Smiler

To The One Who Knows; YANNI...

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Chris, Jenny, EHK and Christian, for your replies. I have continued to play this CD a lot lately.Whenever I play `Sacred Ground`it brings back memories of the very first time I heard Yanni live in Reading last year.
That will always be special to me now. I`ll never forget how I felt when Yanni ran on that stage and it was `real`and not just on video.

Anne

Yanni Fan
Picture of wantfrieswiththat
posted Hide Post
How is it that we all are not only able to connect with Yanni, but also able to share his music and connect with others? This says a lot about his music... just a personal observation, from what you all have been able to accomplish... wow, I am most impressed.

"Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion."

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
What is IICTY stands for?

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Hi Aaron,
IICTY stands for Yanni`s album `If I Could Tell You.`
But you will probably have noticed that in the title of the string I made a mistake and wrote IICTU.
Many people here know I`m very good at making these typing errors. LOL!

FRIES...what you say is so true. I know we have our problems sometimes but many great connections have been made because of this place.
See you in Orlando Big Grin

Anne

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Seren,

It's taken me a while to put it all in words, but if you'll read

YMM-Please Read-Manchester,NH

posted on the tour forum, January 31st, I think you'll see what this song means to me. Take Care, ~Nancy