Yanni Message Board
I.I.C.T.Y.

This topic can be found at:
http://board.yanni.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/788108624/m/613105999

January 19, 2005, 05:27 PM
Anne.
I.I.C.T.Y.
If I could ......share some thoughts with you.

Today was what I call my visiting day:
Some members of our Church take a meeting in a local Senior Citizens residence and then we have lunch in the cafe and afterwards I visit church members who are house bound or sick. I do love doing this but today I was a bit tired and run down and it was one of those drizzly, misty days that I really hate. I just wanted to stay indoors in the warm.
I went to the car and decided I`d play IICTY as I haven`t heard that for a while.
There is something about this Album: Yanni wrote it after his time of depression during what was obviously his healing time and I feel it has such a therapeutic effect on me everytime I listen to it. By the time I got to the meeting I was in very good spirits. Smiler
This experience has happened to me over and over again when I`ve played Yanni`s CD`s. Each one has it`s own individual effect, and I`ve not come across this with any other artist`s music.
It is so diverse in nature that it`s able to reach out to all kinds of people in their many diverse circumstances.
I know there are many good composers out there, who have great talent, but I feel God has given Yanni a really special gift to create music that affects the souls of those whom he connects with; and I for I am very thankful to God that he did this.
Anne.

Anne

January 19, 2005, 05:36 PM
ChrisZ
I agree Anne. Smiler
Especially after reading "YANNI IN WORD" twice, I feel like now that I have learned so much more about Yanni, that when I listen to his music, I can relate to what part of his life that music reflects.

I love "IICTU." Smiler
I think it's a very sensitive album, that really reflects the delicate side of Yanni.
I to, when listening to it, can relate to some of the hurt.
That album warms me when I listen to it.
It's uplifting to me, and out of all of Yanni's albums, "IICTU" seems to reach my soul more than the rest.
I guess because I've been there.
I can relate to what Yanni really went through.
Smiler

Be well ~
January 20, 2005, 04:43 PM
MDFAN
I really connect with you on this Anne. There are few songs, much less entire CDs, that affect me the way If I Could Tell You does. I feel an overwhelming sense of freedom being expressed with this particular CD. I may be way off base on this but I think this work was not only some of his best, but also an unselfish gift we received as a result of a dark period in Yanni's life.
jenny
January 21, 2005, 12:13 AM
Christian Piper
On the last song on the album, you hear what is called a "Slap Bass". It's played in lots of easy listening songs.
January 21, 2005, 06:42 PM
EHK
Thats very true, "Each one has it`s own individual effect, and I`ve not come across this with any other artist`s music." Smiler

To The One Who Knows; YANNI...
January 28, 2005, 05:54 PM
Anne.
Thanks, Chris, Jenny, EHK and Christian, for your replies. I have continued to play this CD a lot lately.Whenever I play `Sacred Ground`it brings back memories of the very first time I heard Yanni live in Reading last year.
That will always be special to me now. I`ll never forget how I felt when Yanni ran on that stage and it was `real`and not just on video.

Anne

January 28, 2005, 07:22 PM
wantfrieswiththat
How is it that we all are not only able to connect with Yanni, but also able to share his music and connect with others? This says a lot about his music... just a personal observation, from what you all have been able to accomplish... wow, I am most impressed.

"Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion."
January 28, 2005, 10:09 PM
Aaron
What is IICTY stands for?
January 29, 2005, 04:02 AM
Anne.
Hi Aaron,
IICTY stands for Yanni`s album `If I Could Tell You.`
But you will probably have noticed that in the title of the string I made a mistake and wrote IICTU.
Many people here know I`m very good at making these typing errors. LOL!

FRIES...what you say is so true. I know we have our problems sometimes but many great connections have been made because of this place.
See you in Orlando Big Grin

Anne

February 07, 2005, 12:10 PM
NBH
Seren,

It's taken me a while to put it all in words, but if you'll read

YMM-Please Read-Manchester,NH

posted on the tour forum, January 31st, I think you'll see what this song means to me. Take Care, ~Nancy