Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Rediscovering "Felitsa"
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Rediscovering "Felitsa" Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of princess summer storm
posted
SmilerI am writing this thru blurry eyes, the kind you get from crying. Please “listen to what I feel deeply compelled to tell all of you.

I am a consummate insomniac most often sleeping only 2-4 hours a night. Usually on the computer listening to music, which is almost always Yanni, while I playing games, go into chat rooms, or whatever.

As well as being an insomniac, I’m also a bass freak, gotta have it, just gotta have it! Well anyway, I changed my default media player few days ago and forgot to set the equalizer. Remembering tonight, I turned it on and started this session with “Felitsa”. The music on the media is arranged alphabetically by artist. So, both arrangements were together (from “Dare to Dream” and “In My Time”). Of course the volume in the headphones was turned up as high as I could comfortably listen to them. The bass I put on the player just took them from “amazing” to something way beyond that; something that has no name or description, at least not in the spoken word. OMG, I just stopped and sat there. I discovered I was crying…not unhappy, there was such a rush of emotion that (now don’t laugh) I couldn’t contain it. The love in those songs is so all encompassing, so totally enchanting, so deep and profound, I just couldn’t hold it all in. I saw in my mind the look Yanni had on his face when he played this song in LATA. And being a silly emotional female, I started crying again. Something that I can’t name welled up inside of me, and I just had to release it.

All I kept thinking was how deep is the love of a mother for her child, and hear what Felitsa’s has fostered in her son. This is the kind of love that makes the world go ‘round folks. We learn to love from parents, and usually most profoundly from our moms. And this is the best testament to that statement, I have ever ….seen, heard, or felt.

I ask indulgence if I sound like an over-emotional female, or if I’m rambling. There is just so much running through me right now, this is the only place I could come where someone might not thing I’m losing my mind, the only place where someone might understand.

I have always deeply loved this song, but this was so much deeper than I have ever felt. As Yanni says if he does his job right, then the listener experiences the same emotional level he was at when he wrote the song. Well he most certainly did it right….and then some! I can bear witness to that.

Thank You Yanni, and thank you Great Spirit for letting me have the capacity to this hear wonder of human creativity.

Judge not, least ye may be judged...and you don't yet know.... what it is that you don't know!!!

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hello Princess,
Nice post and please don't feel badly! You have reflected true and sincere feelings of the music we all know and love! Bravo!

When Samvel played his part in Until the Last Moment and I have posted this info to the board in different places, the notes, the sound turned my emotions inside and out at the concert and I had tears rolling without realizing it. I couldn't handle how beautiful the music was and how it was effecting me.

Very powerful, beautiful, wonderful, truth-finding.

I also love the bass in music. Adagio in C Minor is a good one Wink

Yanni Fan
Picture of Louise25
posted Hide Post
Beautifully said Princess! I totally agree! Smiler

D.L.
SweetLou/VF#2

"We are not human beings having a temporary spiritual experience.....We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience".

Yanni Fan
Picture of beths4catz
posted Hide Post
Princess, you are not loosing your mind, it is a very beautiful and emotional piece. There are no words to describe the love between a parent and a child but through his music, Yanni has captured these emotions in a way only a mother can understand and feel. I too have shed a few tears over the emotions felt in this song. Its really neat. Beth

MAY YOU ALWAYS KNOW THE POWER OF LOVE AND THE BLESSING LOVING OTHERS BRINGS!

Yanni Fan
Picture of TrueYannist
posted Hide Post
See Yanni is pure phenomenon. He makes us laugh out loud sometimes, cry out sometimes and at other times he puts us into a state of Ecstasy. I was reading the 12th chapter of his Bio and I almost cried when I read the story of the cambodian army physician.

"Be Water my friend."

Yanni Fan
Picture of Christian Piper
posted Hide Post
Oh I love that song! You know also that when Yanni wrote that song, it's his way of teaching us right from wrong. The song is in D minor.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
You go Princess Summer Storm!!

I have discovered and rediscovered Yanni and his music, time and time again.

It's like you hear something different each time that takes you to a higher level.

Have you ever been looking at your collection of Yanni pictures and all of a sudden take a second look and think, "Gosh he IS that goodlooking!". And you just have to pull yourself away.

And when I have these revelations I want to tell someone about it, or show them, or set them down to listen to his music, or watch a DVD. Even when talking to the operator of a company or ordering something I always ask them if they "Know Yanni".

But if I go on and on for very long, I get this strange look from them or they get silent and then I know it's time to taper off.

And twice now since the new year I have had Yanni dreams!! I wrote them down in my Yanni journal.

So I know what you mean!

Yanni Fan
Picture of princess summer storm
posted Hide Post
I sure do. I have to keep my mouth shut many times when it comes to talking about Yanni or anything pertaining to him cause my family gives me "that" look if I go on too long.... Big Grin

Judge not, least ye may be judged...and you don't yet know.... what it is that you don't know!!!

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
And twice now since the new year I have had Yanni dreams!!

I just had a dream I was on a beach with Richard Gere. Go figure LOL

For some reason I am able to play the song Felitsa on my flute without even trying to write down the notes. My flute just found the notes first time around. The melody is definitely captivating.

Yanni Fan
Picture of TrueYannist
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's like you hear something different each time that takes you to a higher level.

A good point. Purpose of any form of art or science is to take us into higher levels of thinking.

Personally through Yanni's music I have many times felt elated states of mind. One day I was in a train and was listening to "If I could tell U" on my mp3 player. I went into sleep but I was still able to listen to the music(I dont know how). Then I am into this dream place with beautiful landscapes surrounded by greenery. I noticed the music was still playing but I did'nt know which track. Suddenly the music got louder (I was not hearing it anymore through headphones.Yes the music played itself in my dream) and I recognised it as November Sky. OMG it was so beautiful and I thought I was in reality and walking through beautiful landscapes.I have never been to any place like that in my entire life. Even to this day I think I have been to that place for real and can never forget it.I never believed in paradise and after this experience I can absolutely say I know how paradise looks and what it feels like to be in it.I am sure many Yanni devotees have felt it one way or the other.

Yanni thanks for bringing heaven on earth. TYVM.

"Be Water my friend."