Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Lyrics to Rites of Passage/ Deliverance

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Lyrics to Rites of Passage/ Deliverance Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
Hi all. Just anther new Yanni appreciator (I hate the word “fan”). I first heard the music in “Visions of Greece” on TV, and then picked up a couple CD’s.

I know it’s more of chanting, I guess, but I’m wondering if anyone knows what they are saying in the songs Deliverance (1st track off of Tribute) and Rites of Passage (1st track off of Ethnicity). I LOVE them. I mean, I feel them as much as I’m sure all of you have. It’s just driving me nuts not knowing what they are saying, or how to correctly pronounce the words (so I can chant along!).

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Yanni Fan
Picture of Judi
posted Hide Post
Hi rep!

Welcome to the Yanni Message Board.

You are correct. What you are hearing is syllabical chanting.

There are only three songs of Yanni's that have actual lyrics:

Love Is All (Tribute)
The Promise (Ethnicity)
Almost A Whisper (Ethnicity)

Niki Nana (Tribute) has words of different origins and also syllabical chanting.

Judi

**The one who takes the scenic tour**

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi Judy! And thank you.

So I guess, it is just how I’m hearing them then. Whatever they’re saying, it does sound great.

See you around!

Yanni Fan
Picture of SKITTLE
posted Hide Post
Yep! Sure does. Every time I play the Tribute CD, which is excellent, I always replay each song because they are all great. Deliverance is my most favorite on that CD. Smiler

SKITTLE