Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Dance to Yanni's music
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dance to Yanni's music Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
Hello all,

I am a new member here , just joined. But I am not new to Yanni's music. I have been a fan of Yanni's music for years. I especially like the album Ethinicity . All the numbers are emotional and takes you to another world. I feel like dancing to some of them. I want learn to dance to Yanni's music so that I can express myself well ( not just shake my body) I am planning to enroll in a dance class. What type of dance is suitable for Yanni's music? Any ideas? - Thanks

Yanni Fan
Picture of Rachel Terry
posted Hide Post
Some of Yanni's music does have a latin rhythm to it. I guess you could go Salsa. Wink
BTW welcome to the Yanni Message Board. We're all crazy for Yanni here and we always welcome new members into our great family. Hope you post often.

Never lose sight of your dreams.

Rachel

Picture of Kathrine
posted Hide Post
Hello Indira and welcome to Yanni's Message Board.

I'm not a professional dancer (I tend to let loose when I listen to his music as well) but I do agree with Rachel that many of his pieces do fit with a latin beat. There are also songs like Reflections of Passion that I envision a grand ballroom filled with ladies and gentlemen in their grandest ballroom dresses. Another tune I can see figure skaters gliding across the ice. So I suppose what I'm saying any type of ballroom dancing Salsa, Waltz, will work.
Maybe we'll hear shortly from someone that's had more professional experience to help us all out.

Looking forward to your future posts throughout the various forums.

Smiler

Yanni Fan
Picture of Katee
posted Hide Post
Welcome my dear Indira,

I love that album too! Let the music guide your feet in freedom of expression my new friend. Start with one type of dance and then go to another...It will help with coordination and movements. Dance in love and happiness Indira,

katee

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
hi l wael from tunisia l play piano and then l wan to say that yanni's songs give me power to continu in this live its cry when l do and be happy when l m and yanni is soo intelegen because he always (do his job will)try in concerts to play the style of every contries with his own magic touch
thinks yanni

l love yanni's songs

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Hi wael and welcome to the Yanni Message Board. Smiler
You are so right. Yanni's music does reflect the music from other countries so well.
I hope you'll continue to share your thoughts here with us.
Take care,

Anne

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
thinks seren
l really love yanni's songs because its foul of music melodies rithms from all over the world l'am a half-musicien and also a half-pianist:yanni and his group are musiciens that is way am a half so in the last concert of yanni2006 we found arabic notes with 1/4of the note and this is very hard to play and to put in a classic style(it so hot)
l wish l describ yanni's music well but l don't think so it really make me cray
thinks yanni and thinks for you attention
bye

l love yanni's songs

Yanni Fan
Picture of THE flame within
posted Hide Post
Hi Wael02 and welcome To YMB I wish to you a happy time , with the best wishes from Syria..........

We Love Music Because We Love Yanni.

Yanni Fan
Picture of Urania72
posted Hide Post
hi indira!
i bought the last dvd yanni concert "the concert event" and there there are much music to dance...
i love dance i started dancing late like a hobby but i still have this passion Smiler
i danced many time listening this DVD indira...is great!!

"Love is all"

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hey indira
What's up?
I can't help ya with dancing, just wanted to know, Welcome to Yanni Message Board Smiler