Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Play Any "Yanni" ?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Play Any "Yanni" ? Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
Holla!

Do you play any of Yanni's songs?

If Yes;
is that by ear?
or actual music sheets?

If No;
..Later mate! lol!Big Grin

Peace..Smiler

Yanni Fan
Picture of Lee Jie Qi
posted Hide Post
I play Yanni's songs by the actual music sheets. Smiler

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I'm a violinist and I used to play a LOT of Yanni with a rock orchestra I was with from 1998 to 2001. They covered some songs that Yanni and Co. hadn't done, but also did ones like Desire and Within Attraction, but with a bit more of a rock edge. Think Trans Siberian Orchestra putting a new feel to music from Enya, Yanni, and Vangelis.

Violinist Omar Lopez and his band are a powerful live experience in sound, energy, and passion. Omar's music is available in CD or mp3 (digital download) format from CD Baby - just go to CDBaby. You can also listen to his music on his Official MySpace Music Page!

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hey ReddyRed! Wink
So.. Which songs did the TSO cover from Yanni's?
I may wanna hear them..Wink

Yanni Fan
Picture of MrUnibrow
posted Hide Post
I can play Yanni music too! I play them by his sheet music (I have 'In My Time'). I can play The End of August the best!

TOO CONFUSED TO MAKE A SIGNATURE! But I'm fine! I think...

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hmm cool . . . that's my favorite piece of music in that favorable album!! Big Grin

By the way, welcome to YMB MrUnibrow

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Quite Mann,

It wasn't the TSO. It was the Dreamsound Orchestra, just the concept was similar to TSO or Yanni's older group - rock band + symphony orchestra.

Some of the songs I remember playing (it's been about eight years now) were Desire, Within Attraction, Keys to Imagination, So Long My Friend, Nice to Meet You, Rain Must Fall, and I THINK Love for Life (not like the Royal Albert Hall version with vocals, though) - and I remember them just because I had solos on them. I recall there being a version of Nightbird that had a electric guitar/electric violin fight at the end.

Don't know if any recordings are available since the orchestra was broken up after 9/11 happened. They had compilations available at concerts that you might be able to find on EBay and I know they did a video taping for Bravo, but since PBS was re-airing Acropolis and Tribute during that time (Fall 2000) for the release of If I Could Tell You for those fun PBS pledge drives, I don't think the ratings of Dreamsound's concert could compete with the real thing.

Such fond memories, though. I got to work with some really amazing players and I learned a lot!

Violinist Omar Lopez and his band are a powerful live experience in sound, energy, and passion. Omar's music is available in CD or mp3 (digital download) format from CD Baby - just go to CDBaby. You can also listen to his music on his Official MySpace Music Page!