Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Marching season!

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Marching season! Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of magnolia
posted
The whistling sound that we hear in this piece...Is it Yanni or the flute/synthesizer?

A MAGNOLIA for YANNI.
Marie Lena!

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to recall a whistling sound in this piece, where does it occur or is it throughout? Thanks

Yanni Fan
Picture of magnolia
posted Hide Post
At 1.49th minute and 4.58th minute!!
On the Cameleon days CD!

A MAGNOLIA for YANNI.
Marie Lena!

Yanni Fan
Picture of Louise25
posted Hide Post
Hi Marielena! Haven't talked to you in a while! Smiler

The liner of the Chameleon Days CD says it was recorded in its entirety on keyboards, except acoustic, electric drums & percussion were done by Charlie Adams.

D.L.
SweetLou/VF#2

"We are not human beings having a temporary spiritual experience.....We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience".

Yanni Fan
Picture of magnolia
posted Hide Post
Thanks SweetLou! I can perfectly whistle exactly the same way!! Big Grin

A MAGNOLIA for YANNI.
Marie Lena!

Yanni Fan
Picture of Louise25
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's really good that you can do that Marie! Smiler

Its amazing what the synths can do, how many sounds. Guess that's why its my favorite instrument along with piano. Smiler

D.L.
SweetLou/VF#2

"We are not human beings having a temporary spiritual experience.....We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience".

Yanni Fan
Picture of Terrysown
posted Hide Post
Hi girls,
Are ya'll talking about the whistle that sounds like a train?? The Marching Season on the LATA dvd? where Charlie does the solo?
I wonder why this is on the dvd but not cd

Yanni Fan
Picture of magnolia
posted Hide Post
I have to check on that one Terry. I was talking about the one from Cameleon Days! Smiler

A MAGNOLIA for YANNI.
Marie Lena!

Yanni Fan
Picture of Terrysown
posted Hide Post
Hey Marie Smiler
I was listening to this cd (Chameleom Days)
today and I had an ear out for that whistle on
1.49 and 4.58. It does sound like a person whistling. I'd love to hear you do your version of the whistle. When I think of Marching Season, the version on The Live At The Acropolis comes to my mind. I just watched it on dvd today also and the whistle I thought you were speaking of was that train sound when Charlie is "Gettin Down" (if that term is still in use) and everyone is clapping along with him, and he does that sound. It almost looked like he bent over and blew into something. That song is so fast. I love seeing Yanni playing the piano to it, he literally is playing almost completely off his seat. It said on the Chameleon cd it was 1988. I think him and Charlie have altered it for the better since then. It is a great song to watch, with the crowd participation and all.