Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Niki Nana with Chameleon Days.

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Niki Nana with Chameleon Days. Login/Join 
Picture of Anne.
posted
During recent months I`ve been playng most of Yanni`s more recent CD`S; Ethnicity, IICTY and In My Time (my all time favourite relaxing CD) at the expense of his older albums,(shame on me)
These last few days I`ve been listening to more of the older ones again. I rememeber how I felt when I first heard his music, how emotional and uplifting it was. The emotions I`ve experienced this week were exactly the same as when I heard Yanni`s music for the very first time, they had not diminished at all.Playing them again had just the same impact on me.
Yanni`s music really gets into your heart and soul and I feel this is unique to his music.
I was just wondering if what I`ve experienced is the same for everyone.
(If you`ve understood anything I`ve said of course, as I can`t really put my feelings into words very well. Confused)

Anne

Yanni Fan
Picture of Marias56
posted Hide Post
Seren,

I understand what you are saying perfectly. Smiler
I totally agee.

Maria

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Seren, I know exactly what you mean. A few nights ago, I had another bad night trying to get to sleep. Finally I just got up and got out my CD player and headphones. My daughter had given me 2 cds that day of a couple of old Soul Groups she knows I love. I put the first one in and it was a knock off. Marvin Gaye wasn't singing on that Cd at all, bah. Sooo, I got out my Yanni collection and started with what I figured might be some of the older ones and began to listen. I tend to skip through a Cd as I like some songs more than others. Depending on my mood at the time, it might be the slower songs or other times the more upbeat. I have one titled "Yanni Love Songs". I think I gave under $10 for this Cd, but if you like love songs and really pretty songs this one is a winner. I played it all the way through and at times I had tears in my eyes. So, as you can see, Yanni's music can really bring up different emotions.

Yanni Fan
Picture of Isabelle #1
posted Hide Post
O,dear ANNE you are NOSTALGIC, Smiler and that's OK

I AM PLAYING TRIBUTE CD and NIKI NANA IS ON RITH NOW.

I know what you mean about the same feelings, they will never ever go away, I won't let them.

I remember one summer time/DAY when I was enjoying the Yard,I got up and DANCE,DANCE, DANCE,yes all by myself it felt so GOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD,I had never had that kind of elation before,WOOOOOW, Yes I had my BOOM BOX playing YANNI music.

I have all of Yanni's MUSIC from the very first CD.and CAMELEON TOO,ect........

I am a very serious Yanni Items collector for ever more.

That's a great TOPIC Anne. Thank you.Smiler

A Friend In Yanni, Isabelle

Yanni Fan
Picture of Louise25
posted Hide Post
I completely understand the feeling too Anne! Smiler

D.L.
SweetLou/VF#2

"We are not human beings having a temporary spiritual experience.....We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience".

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I rememeber how I felt when I first heard his music, how emotional and uplifting it was. The emotions I`ve experienced this week were exactly the same as when I heard Yanni`s music for the very first time, they had not diminished at all.Playing them again had just the same impact on me.

Very nicely said Seren. And don't you find also that when you now listen to the different songs that memories of the different concert experiences also come to mind ? I do , and this adds to the emotion and the feelings of the music.

C'est la vie ! *** (Merci beaucoup ,mon amie ! )

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I'm doing the exact same thing. While I always start out with Tribute; 1st song "Adagio in C Minor"; I keep putting "In My Time" CD on, as if I discovered it for the first time. This very moment, I put on "Dare to Dream". The other thing I'm doing is, starting to write down which songs are which, so that while I play that CD, I can start to identify the titles with the music. I had never done that before. I hope to start buying more of his older CDs that I don't have too.

When you are hooked; you;re hooked for life.

Long live all of Yanni's music.

Every day is a 'new' day, full of opportunities, adventure and a chance to make your dreams come true ©

Yanni Fan
Picture of magnolia
posted Hide Post
Seren...you are right. Same emotions all the time Smiler

A MAGNOLIA for YANNI.
Marie Lena!

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for your responses.
It`s amazing that the impact of each song is exactly the same as hearing it for the first time. I grew up in the 60`s and went to concerts and listened to music all the time but none of it had the effect that Yanni`s music has had on me. Big Grin

Anne

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Nice string Anne. Smiler
To be honest with you, I haven't listened to Yanni's music in months now.
Not because I have moved away from it, but because I haven't been in the house that much at all.
Been enjoying the summer and all she has to offer. Smiler

But I can definitely relate to your feelings.
No matter how many times I listen to Yanni's music, no matter if it's the early days or his more recent works, I get the same feelings in my heart that I did when I first heard him.

Light warmth, free, and ever so loving feeling in my soul. Smiler

Be well ~