Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    "One Man's Dream"
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"One Man's Dream" Login/Join 
<Thorns_Roses>
posted
"One Man's Dream"
Why do I feel so sad when I listen to this beautiful song?
Does anyone else?

Much Love,
Diana

Report This Post
<Thorns_Roses>
posted
"The End of August" seems a bit sad too.

Much Love,
Diana

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of Louise25
posted Hide Post
I agree, they are both melancholy songs, but the music kind of takes on and heightens/enhances or makes you more aware of the mood you are already in Diana. They seem more sad to you right now because you are sad.

My love, hugs, and prayers to you tonight.....Smiler

D.L.
SweetLou/VF#2

"We are not human beings having a temporary spiritual experience.....We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience".

Yanni Fan
Picture of beths4catz
posted Hide Post
One Man's Dream was associated with Denise when she passed away. That may be one reason why you are feeling sadness when you hear it. It was on the ecard Denise left us after she passed. Plus Yanni says if he did his work right, we can feel the emotion he was feeling when he wrote a particular piece. So that could be another reason your feeling that way. I feel it too. ((((HUGS)))) Beth

MAY YOU ALWAYS KNOW THE POWER OF LOVE AND THE BLESSING LOVING OTHERS BRINGS!

Yanni Fan
Picture of Terrysown
posted Hide Post
"One Man's Dream"
This has always been my all time favorite song.
It touches me more so than any other. It is not quite like it enhances my mood necessarily...though most of his songs do....this one seems to somehow change it, to put me in another place. Not really sad altho I cry most everytime I hear it. When I saw and played Denise's ecard, I was so moved. I played it over and over and just bawled.
I have tried so hard to analize my feelings when I hear this song. I feel that it makes me consider all of my life thus far...where I am now....the time that has passed that I'll never recapture, sort of a sentimental bittersweet feeling that my children are almost grown and gone, I'm proud but at the same time sad. Realizing how short life really is. Wondering if I will ever ultimately accomplish my hopes and dreams and ever be truely happy again. I mean truely happy with "my" life. There is still so much yet to feel and to experience, but at the same time, so much to be grateful for.
I'm sure I am not alone feeling this way at this stage in my life. But this music seems to conjure up all these feelings within me.
This one is my favorite but there are others that touch on fragile emotions as well, like...Enchantment, Only A Memory, and In The Mirror. Also, To The One Who Knows, Felitsa, To Take..To Hold, Whispers In The Dark, Until The Last Moment. Sorry, I got carried away.
I know what I feel when I hear these songs, but I can not help but wonder what exactly Yanni was feeling when he composed them and how he feels as he plays them. I suppose we'll never know. Maybe he has them listed on paper kept in his vault. WOW! "He did do his job well." I don't think of it as his job, altho it is a piece of work, it is more of an art. A true masterpiece. ALL of his music Smiler
You take care Diana and thank you for opening a string about this song. It is beautiful.
My prayers are with you too
Terry

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
"One Man`s Dream" is one of my favourites too.
Whenever I hear it I always think how thankful I am that I discovered Yanni`s music as it was on the first album that I bought. I do think it`s a very emotional song and I agree with Louise, it does reflect how you are feeling when you listen to it.
(Sending a hug and prayers to you too , Diana)
I too, associate it with Denise and the beautiful ecard which is an added dimension to the already beautiful, heart rendering, melody.
Hugs to all,
Anne.

Anne

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Yes! ONE MAN'S DREAM is one of my favorite songs, it remembers the first love for me, and I can play it on piano!

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I LOVE "The End of August." It is beautiful and bittersweet. I think it perhaps reflects Yanni's emotions as he is leaving Greece and his family after his summer visit there.

Antares

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I can play "one man´s dream" in piano too! Smiler

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi Diana, this is one of my favorites too.

In a story, you have:
Observation
Established situation or conflict
Hope
Solution
Absolution
Hence; movie-of-the-week.

This song covers observation to hope leaving the solution AND absolution unanswered. This leaves questions in your mind while following the musical story. Extremely effective song writing.

The majority of the song is like an observed establishment of discontent or failure questioning "why" repeatedly, hoping for an answer that never comes.

The final notes at the end are a glimmer of hope toward getting the answer to "why" without reaching the solution or absolution.

This is my view anyway. Roll Eyes