Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    "STORM" ??
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"STORM" ?? Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of JACKIE
posted
"STORM" Hummmmm............
WHAT DO YOU THOUGHTS ABOUT THE TITLE?
WHAT IS IT REFERRING?

Yanni Fan
Picture of SKITTLE
posted Hide Post
It is very fast and upbeat which is like a "storm" of music. All the different musical instruments sound great together so it is very nice and it has many of us asking for more. Yanni played it twice at Radio City Music Hall and we loved it. We are patiently waiting for the release of the CD/DVD.

SKITTLE

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I have thought about the name myself. I guess that our life is like a storm and we have to stand still and face it. Yanni could be refering to that or just simply refering to mother nature like he always does. This song really touched me. It's upbeat, happy, uplifting. It just gives me an adrenaline rush each time i remember it. I can't wait for the CD/DVD to be released. anyone has any idea about the release date???

Sam Horness

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Several intrusive hurricanes in a row while trying to write the freaking piece? lol (sorry)

An overwhelming amount of music in the head all at once?

Attack of the musicians!

An expression of subtly lol

Or something much more profound. Like an entity, brought forth from several circumstances and required ingredients, then forming out of what seems like nothing, into something powerful and beautiful, then disappearing as if it never existed, leaving a forever-lasting impression. Big Grin

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I agree with boidie.
Hurricanes! Smiler

Be well ~

Yanni Fan
Picture of Hector
posted Hide Post
For those who like "Storm" I have a clue for you. This piece was inspired from a Clasic Music composition. Do you know wich one? If you listen to Clasic Music is easy.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Vivaldi - Four Seasons

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
It's Summer! But some of these cell phone companies need to get their seasons straight for ring tones because some have named Summer spring, and vice versa lol Or is it Winter? lol I can't remember cuz when I play the 4 seasons, I play all 4 as one song. lol

I have a CD called Vivaldi's Greatest Hits (lol). It's Pinchas Zukerman, the New York Philharmonic and Leonard Bernstein. Also on the CD are La Grand Ecurie et la Chambre du Roy, Jean-Claude Malgoire, John Williams, Guitar, English Chamber Orchestra and Lorin Maazel.

The funny thing on the CD is the slogan at the top where it says, and I'm not kidding, "Consists of previously released material." LMAO!!!!!

P.S. I would guess that all of the personal experiences with hurricanes might inspire one to recall a prior great composer. But I also think about what Yanni said about being original. He said he doesn't listen to someone else's music and go "oh I like that, let's try to do something that sounds like that." I wonder if the two sound similar not because Yanni wanted to write something 'like Vivaldi' but perhaps both composers were in the same place when they wrote it. If that's the case, Ooopsie!! Attention Please: We have great composers bumping into each other. More proof, Yanni. Wink

Yanni Fan
Picture of JACKIE
posted Hide Post
JOSEPH, IT DOES GET YOUR ADRENALIN MOVING,
"MOVE!" "MOVE!" "MOVE"
"GO!" "GO!" "GO!"

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Smiler Love that song and all the energy , Jackie !
wonder what other musical delights Yanni is creating ??? the natives are getting restless, hee hee Smiler

C'est la vie ! *** (Merci beaucoup ,mon amie ! )