Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    For people who never heard yanni's music
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
For people who never heard yanni's music Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of zychina
posted
Hi everyone,
Last week my cousin ,who had never heard any pieces of yanni before, asked me which album of yanni is the best.
Then I recommended the new live Album to him.
But yesterday he told me that the concert was good but he didn't like it because there were too many solos there and the main melodies of most songs were very short.

Well,for yanni fans the new live album is amazing and neccessary, but for people who have never heard yanni's music why it is not so attractive?

It really confused me.But now I think I have got the reason.

The reason is that the new live album is just for the ones who have already heard the original album "if I could tell you" and "Ethnicity".

For example,"play time".The Added solos are all amazing BUT a large part of the original music was removed.
So why could it be touching to me?Because I heard the original version and love it very much.So I took the live version as a continuation and love it too.
The same thing occurs on "if I could tell you","for all season","Keys to imagination" too,I think.For people who never heard the original versions,it is not easy to understand and love these pieces on the new live album.

So I think I should first recommend the Album "tribute","if I could tell you" and "Ethnicity", then recommend the new album to my cousin.

Does anyone agree?

A big yanni fan

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Hi zychina,
I think you've made a very good point. Smiler
IICTY and particularly Ethnicity are very different to Yanni's previous albums and I know when Ethnicity was released it took a lot of people by surprise as there were so many vocal piecies.It might be a good idea for your cousin to listen to albums such as keys to the Imagination, Out of Silence, In My Time, Reflections of Passion and then Live at the Acropolis and Tribute as you suggest, he will see the progression there. If he hears the original IICTY and Ethnicity I'm sure he will have a new understanding of Yanni Live.
Let us know what happens. Big Grin

Anne

Yanni Fan
Picture of zychina
posted Hide Post
Hi Seren,
I have recommended the previous albums to him and it may take a week to get the result.
I do think the previous albums can help.

A big yanni fan

Picture of Kathrine
posted Hide Post
I agree with you both Zychina and Anne. The Concert Event is in my opinion more directed to those that have experienced a Yanni concert. Although having said that my daughter's boyfriend has become a Yanni fan but he's also seen the DVD of the concert and that helped him in his choice of songs. He's even asked to hear the full tunes so I've loaned him a couple of mine.

As another example of another artist's music. I had played the latest Il Divo CD Siempre for a friend and they weren't too impressed with it. But I put in Ancora and they absolutely loved it.

I think you can be certain that your cousin will love the earlier pieces in their entirety.

Kathrine

Yanni Fan
Picture of Rachel Terry
posted Hide Post
My sister got hooked on Yanni by watching the Yanni Live! DVD. But she did want to hear more so I got her a few CDs including If I could Tell You and now she's really hooked.

Never lose sight of your dreams.

Rachel

Yanni Fan
Picture of Dream Angel
posted Hide Post
Kathrine,
I find what you say very interesting. I'm also an Il Divo fan and believe it or not, I bought their Ancora CD because one of my girlfriends had told me that it was so awesome. For some strange reason though when I played it, it held no appeal for me whatsoever. In fact, I found it to be such a huge disappointment after their first CD that I ended up giving it to a friend. Guess what happened next??? A month or so later I was visiting my friend and she was playing an Il Divo CD and I completely fell in love with it and asked her which CD it was. Lo and behold...it was Ancora!!! I ended up asking her to burn a copy of the very CD that I had bought and given to her. How strange is that!!! To make a long story short, I think sometimes we have a tendency to draw conclusions too quickly without giving things time to grow on us. Just thought I'd share this experience.

Yanni Fan
Picture of THE flame within
posted Hide Post
Hi Zychina, The Concert Event is unbelievable job and to a person who had never heard any pieces of Yanni before , may listening to this beautiful album , but I advise your cousin to listening LATA .And to ( Play Time and For All Seasons ) in The Concert Event were unbelievable songs .

We Love Music Because We Love Yanni.

Yanni Fan
Picture of Christian Piper
posted Hide Post
One of my neighbors has never heard of him before, and I went and bouht him an "In My Time" album and he likes it. He likes the slow piano music for when he does his homework. He was surprised that the album gained lots and lots of votes.

Yanni Fan
Picture of zychina
posted Hide Post
Hi THE flame within,
as you said,after listening to IICTY,Ethnicity and Live concert for one week,my cousin told me that he loves Play Time and For All Seasons very much (both the Live version and the original version).
And he thought if yanni could mix the original version with the solos in Live,it would become a big hit.
Perhaps in a month,my cousin would be a big yanni fan like all of us Smiler

A big yanni fan

Yanni Fan
Picture of Urania72
posted Hide Post
i know yanni wrote the background music on the show but i ask to myself: the individual musical solo's done by the violinist and brass,,,,etc are written by the people who play these parts?? only curiosity cos im a fan of yanni not from so much time, so...sorry my ignorant :P

"Love is all"