Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    In Yanni’s History Lies His Future!

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
In Yanni’s History Lies His Future! Login/Join 
<crackedeggg>
posted
I know many will not have had an opportunity to get the limited edition EP. I don’t want to give everything away but I will tell you that this EP is wonderful and if there’s any way you can get it, please do. I’m looking forward to the rest of the tracks when the full album comes out in February. I just wanted to give you a glimpse into what is in store for you. I won’t give away all of its secrets but Yanni purists are going to be in love with this album.

This CD is an incredible blend of genres, styles and sounds. Each time I listen I hear a chord progression that reminds of this album or that – Keys to Imagination, Optimystique, Reflections of Passion, Tribute, Niki Nana, Live at the Acropolis, If I Could Tell You are all present in this amazing mix. Long time Yanni fans will notice hints of nostalgia throughout this new CD. New fans will be impressed at Yanni's versatility. You can definitely tell Yanni had fun creating this one.Smiler

My favorite so far is Voyage. It has a very nostalgic feel. It makes you believe you know it intimately, though it is a brand new release. It takes you back through centuries while staying right here in the 21st century. Beautiful violin work helps keep you here while percussion and keyboards take you on a trip through the ages. Wander among ancient monuments and civilizations, speak to Aristotle, watch the stars with Galileo and come home feeling refreshed (and without a mountain of laundry to doWink)

Truth of Touch is the title cut. It has a definite feeling of If I Could Tell You. This song is soft and mellow but with a touch of electronica that gives it a somewhat Middle Eastern feel. Many fans are familiar with the “ping” that is a signature ending of Yanni’s. It has been suggested that this means a song of particular significance to Yanni. Truth of Touch pings throughout the whole performance, which only adds to the intrigue of this song. Here playful and there compelling this song is an enigma in itself.

Vertigo will blow you away from the start. This fast-paced piece drives you to wiggle right along, much like “The Storm” did. Vertigo is what I refer to as a driving song. I learned to drive on winding mountain roads with steep hills and curves. This would be a fun song on those roads because it feels like them – winding with gorgeous views and steep, fun curves. The song seems to be made for a James Bond movie!

While this is not the completely low key album (a la In My Time) that many have been hoping for, it's an excellent example of Yanni's skills. He has really explored his craft with this album and expanded his horizons. I'm anxiously waiting to hear the rest of the tracks.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of Marilyn
posted Hide Post
EP? Not sure what that is? Thanks for the review Crackedeggg... So anxious to recieve the new CD.. Can hardly wait.. I know it will be beautiful! Hug

"Look at the sunset. If it pleases you, you're a happy man." - Yanni

Marilyn
Love Is All

<crackedeggg>
posted
EP is an extended play album, kind of a longer version of a CD single - not the whole album but several songs from it.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
i loved your sensitivity to the nuances of this new music, bonnie. i can tell you've listened with your heart and your spirit! (warm hug)thank you for sharing your listening with us...who are now even more impatiently awaiting february. (smile)

di

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
I agree, Di. We will all be celebrating Bonnie's birthday this year. This new album sounds wonderful.

Anne

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your beautiful review, Bonnie Smiler
I can't wait to listen to this new album, especially the songs "Voyage" and " Truth of Touch"..and I really appreciate your words..
What I've heard so far is wonderful..so, I'm sure that this new album is special.. Smiler

Myky