Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Renegade's Composition
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Renegade's Composition Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
In the middle of this absolutely beautiful composition there is an interlude that seems to break away from the main composition and offer a completely different emotional ride for a brief period before slipping back into the original work. Does anyone know what such a break from a song's pattern is called?

Music without emotion is simply math.

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Please understand I'm not refering to a bridge or chorus. The change in "Renegade" is a subtle, alluring transformation to a completely different feel and while the tempo doesn't change, there is a definite impression that it has, slowly building up to the original.

Perhaps I'm completely wrong, but I thought there must be a name for such a transformation in the body of a composition. I absolutely love what it does with "Renegade."

Yanni Fan
Picture of margaret0949
posted Hide Post
CoolMore than likely, it is a "Yanni thing" and has no other name, just like you cannot put Yanni's music in a category except 'YANNI."
In Peace, Love and Yannitude,
Margaret0949

In Peace, Love and Yannitude,
margaret0949

Yanni Fan
Picture of Carol D.
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong about this, but I think it was done because the song was first released in conjunction with the Tribute concert and it seems to me it goes into the change of pace/tempo (I have no idea what it's called either) to showcase some of the other musicians. While I absolutely love Renegade, I would like to hear a version of the song without the "break away" or what ever you would call it.

Yanni Fan
Picture of LADY G
posted Hide Post
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT WAS EVER DONE W/ OUT THE THE BREAK AWAY, AND IF SO, WHERE CAN I FIND IT? THAT IS A TOUGH ONE, LIKE TO SEE WHO SOLVES THIS ONE FIRST!!! THANKS, LADY G....

<crackedeggg>
posted
Renegade has only been released on the Tribute album. There's no other version.

As far as the break away, I don't think there's a technical name for it. I think as Margaret said that it's just Yanni being Yanni.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of Rachel Terry
posted Hide Post
In Classical music this phenomenon is referred to as Movements. I've noticed quite a few pieces of Yanni's that seem to do this, like a Classical Sonata. I don't think that many modern musicians do this. It is very refreshing. I especially love what he does with Keys to Imagination.

Never lose sight of your dreams.

Rachel

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Great responses! I certainly accept "Yanni being Yanni" as the definitive answer where "Renegade" is concerned AND I agree that the term "movement" probably best defines making such a transition. It's not only an honor to be a witness to the creations of such a musical genius as Yanni, but to share in this joy of discovery and insight with people such as we find here on this site.
Thank you all very much.

Yanni Fan
Picture of Marilyn
posted Hide Post
It is just called "YANNI".

"Look at the sunset. If it pleases you, you're a happy man." - Yanni

Marilyn
Love Is All

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi William,

"Renegade" is one song that I love to listen to.

One of many reasons why I love Yanni's music, is the many different directions he takes with his music. His diversity to change to a completely different feel in the middle of a song, and then back to the original direction is amazing. It is a wonder, a marvel. Yes that "Emotional Ride" is a fantastic musical journey. I like the word "Movements" because his music flows in many directions and stirs our emotions within, taking us to places we have never been before. It is a phenomenal musical event.
It is "Yanni"

Linda