Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Out of Silence.

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Out of Silence. Login/Join 
Picture of Anne.
posted
I`ve been playing `Out of Silence` a lot lately.
I have listened to this album over and over in the past but I find it particularly uplifting at this present time. Big Grin
It has one of my all time favourites...After the Sunrise...but I`m being blown away all over again by`Sand Dance`, `Point of Origin` and `Paths on Water`.
The `write up` states that this album is dedicated to Yanni`s hometown of Kalamata.
Well, his obvious love and enthusiam for his homeland is so evident. Big Grin
Maybe it means so much to me at the moment because I`ve been thinking a lot about my past, and loved ones who are no longer here,and I`m so thankful for the people and place that has helped to mould me into who I am. Smiler
This time of year brings out all sorts of thoughts and emotions and Yanni`s music seems to fit them all. Wink

Anne

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi Seren,

I also love this CD! The music is so powerful - inspired and inspiring.

Even though I've never been there I feel that, through this music, I understand the essence of Kalamata and Yanni's beginnings. And perhaps, as you indicate, it connects us with our own beginnings.

How fortunate we are to have his extraordinatry music in our lives!

All the best to you!

Antares

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Hi Antares,
Thanks for your thoughts. My beat wishes to you in 2006. I hope you were able to get to see your family over Christmas.
Take care,
Anne.

Anne

Yanni Fan
Picture of Isabelle #1
posted Hide Post
Seren, every so often I play the OLDEST of Yanni's Music,and when I do I always hear something new and feel new emotions.
It puts me in a different frame of mind,and remember the sweetness of it all.

How nice to be able to do that.Smiler

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and your family.

A Friend In Yanni~Isabelle

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Hi Isabelle,
I know exactly what you mean and it`s great.
Happy New Year to you and yours too.
God bless,
Anne.

Anne

Yanni Fan
Picture of Louise25
posted Hide Post
Hi Anne!

Out of Silence is one of my favorites too, and in particular "After the Sunrise" and "Secret Vows", and I so love to hear the original versions of "Acroyali", "Standing in Motion", and "Within Attraction" too. I think it is fun to compare them to the Live at the Acropolis versions and find the originals to be just as exhilarating. I can definately feel and appreciate the emotion and energy that went into this album. I hadn't listened to it in quite a while, thanks for reminding me....Smiler

Happy New Year to you too! Smiler

D.L.
SweetLou/VF#2

"We are not human beings having a temporary spiritual experience.....We are spiritual beings having a temporary human experience".

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
You`re welcome Louise and Happy New year to you too.
I`ve been playing a lot of Yanni`s older music lately. I agree about the originals being just as exhilerating.

Anne