Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    The Very Best of Yanni
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Very Best of Yanni Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of Bluebird0078
posted
What is the thinking about buying the compilations of Yanni's songs. I just am playing the new byPrivate . There are l6 beautiful songs and wonderful pictures of our man. I realize Yanni does not have anything to do with these CD's, but this is a really great CD., the first song being a Aria which is my favorite. What do you all think? Wonder what Yanni thinks about us buying them? But we do get all of his albums too, and cant wait to see him in person....... Bluebird

Yanni Fan
Picture of Bluebird0078
posted Hide Post
Oops the name of the new is of course he erh esyt of Yanni, just out..

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
HI again Bluebird!!

I did buy "The Very Best of Yanni". Not because I wanted to support his former record label, but because I was trashing my CD's dragging them back and forth to work everyday. Unfortunately, I can't afford to buy two of each CD so that I can keep a set at work. I can't go thru a day of work without listening to Yanni (I can really do ten-key extremely fast to Yanni!)

I must agree with you about the pictures of Yanni--they are very good!

Marti

Yanni Fan
Picture of Bluebird0078
posted Hide Post
Marti, thanks for answering my note. I now have collected all but three early CDs and they are hard to find, but Iwill keep looking. You are right, this is just about all the music we want to hear. However I did get Mehdi on his new CDs and he is good.He is just getting started and I hope will make it big time. your friend Bluebird

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
For anyone who uses this Message Board:

Here is my top 20 of Yanni�s music:

1.- Tribute
2.- If I Could Tell You
3.- Renegade
4.- On Sacred Ground
5.- Deliverance
6.- Niki Nana
9.- Dance With A Stranger
10.- Wishing Well
11.- Reflections of Passion - Live
12.- Waltz in 7/8
13.- Southern Exposure
14.- Nightingale
15.- Santorini - Live
16.- Within Attraction - Live
17.- Song For Antartica
18.- Nostalgia - Live
19.- The Rain Must Fall - Live
20.- Keys To Imagination

Note: This is a very personal selection of Yanni�s best. I was very difficult for me to select this songs, but, I�ll be pleased to recieve commentaries about this list at this email: squall_leonhart_mx@hotmail.com

I�m fan of Yanni since I was 10; I�m now 17 and I�d like to share thoughts about Yanni with anyone who want.

Yanni Fan
Picture of Herema Onar
posted Hide Post
Squall,
welcome to the YMB, that list is truely some of his best. Over the period of time I have been listening which is not any where near the time you have, I have had a hard time trying to decide what ones are his best. I love all of them...some in different ways. Some of his music makes me laugh, some cry, some makes me want to dance, some to sing, and most all of them brings out the poetry. For me it is difficult to say any is best...they all are best.
You are soooo fortunate to have soooo many years of your youth ahead of you to enjoy this wonderful music.
Hope to see you hear often.
me agapi kai filia, Herema

Yanni Fan
Picture of peace2yanni
posted Hide Post
Dear Herema:
you are so right in saying that it is difficult to choose a best or favorite album of Yanni's. Each album is unique in it's own way. like Yanni once said "there are different moods in each album." for me, i do not have a "favorite" all of Yanni's albums are great and i have every one of them. they are each unique and have different moods, like Yanni has said. i feel that, yes, each album is a little different from the next, but that there is also a "familiar" feeling in each album which kind of makes them similar, too. does this make sense? i love all of Yanni's albums and music and I LOVE YANNI!!!
me agapi kai filia
peace2yanni

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Dear Herema:
Glad I am to see that I somebody readed this. And let me tell you that you�re right. It depends of the composition and of the mood you are when you are listening to. But I made that list judging the emotion and feeling of this songs. I think the best is Tribute because, I you see the Tribute performance in video, you can see, and feel what Yanni feels and sees in that very moment. He plays the piano with so many grace and passion, that I beg God to give me the chance to see him in concert in Teotihuacan, Mexico. Yanni�s music is totally ouststanding, and I know why it doesn�t get a Grammy nomenee, because it is not commercial. But Yanni doesn�t need a Grammy to be better than he already is.
It�s the ONLY music that I completely feel. And I don�t think that it is music, for the ears, but for the soul.
Thanks for your comment and I�d love to recieve any other comments about anything Yanni at my email:
squall_leonhart_mx@hotmail.com
Sincerily:

�Squall Leonhart�

Yanni Fan
Picture of Bluebird0078
posted Hide Post
Hello Squall, Welcome here, you are among friends. No Yanni does not need any music awards, as he has them all in our eyes..... his music is truly magnificent and he is a genius in his work. Hope we all get to see him in concert....and soon.. I was down your way in November and it was really hot....cold here when I got home.. Love Bluebird

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
You guys! I�ve just opened a new topic in Yanni�s main discussion forum. It�s called

YANNI�S TALENT: A DIVINE�S GIFT?

After you read it, tell your friends to read it too and tell me what you think

Truly Yours:
Squall