Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Almost a Whisper
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Almost a Whisper Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
What do you think "Almost a Whisper" is about? Is it about a broken relationship or not giving up on mankind?

Bev809

<crackedeggg>
posted
Pamela McNeill said that she wrote those lyrics with 9-11 in mind.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks crackedegg. I was leaning toward that knowing Yanni's philosophy and his hope and all our hopes for mankind. It says a lot. I didn't think it was about 911, but I am not surprised. It's such a beautiful song.

Bev809

Yanni Fan
Picture of hosam z
posted Hide Post
Thanks crackedegg .. Bev, I love this song very very much .. Wink

Housam
"Yanni in my whispers"

Yanni Fan
Picture of pam
posted Hide Post
Wow, I did not know it was about 9-ll, now I have to listen to it again with that thought in mind.

Hugs - Pami @pamisuechicago
The Hostess

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Do you know if Pam McNeill wrote other songs for Yanni's music. I know she wrote "The Promise". What about "Love is All". Is she related to someone connectedd to the Yanni Management?

Bev809

<crackedeggg>
posted
Pamela McNeill wrote lyrics for "The Promise" and "Almost A Whisper." She co-wrote the lyrics for "Love Is All" with her husband Dugan McNeill. Yanni and Tommy Sterling wrote the lyrics for "Niki Nana."

Pamela is a friend of Yanni. Dugan was in Chameleon, one of the rock bands Yanni played with.

I don't think Yanni requested that song to be about 9-11. The way Pamela described it, that was what was in her mind as she was writing the lyrics.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of Beata
posted Hide Post
It is nice to know exactly what the song represents. It is awesome how the music says different things to all of us. I believe I read somewhere that Yanni never wants to say what his songs actually mean because he wants the listener to have their own meaning.

But, thanks Bonnie for this tidbit, our curiousity always gets the better of us as we always want to know. Smiler

Beata

Yanni Fan
Picture of EHK
posted Hide Post
That's new!

To The One Who Knows; YANNI...

Yanni Fan
Picture of hosam z
posted Hide Post
I can't image how is beautiful this song ... really Wink

Housam
"Yanni in my whispers"