Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni's Music    Yanni's New cd

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Yanni's New cd Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
I am upset with Yanni's new cd.
I only like one of them, "Truth Of Touch"

Yanni had "other" people help with composing.
Just not the same.

Ron

Yanni Fan
Picture of NEFERKA
posted Hide Post
SAY WHAT???!!

<crackedeggg>
posted
I really dont get why you wouldn't like it just because Yanni wasn't the only composer. I can hear Yanni's style all over the CD, and I think it is one of his best yet!

I guess to each his own.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of JOY2YANNI
posted Hide Post
I am much more interested in how the music makes me feel than in what it says on the dust jacket. And this music makes me HAPPY! Yanni keeps re-inventing himself and in this album I hear fresh, new versions of many of the different styles Yanni has used over the years. If Yanni wants to collaborate with other composers to keep his music vital and alive, I say go for it, Yanni. It's working! This album is going to take its' place as one of my very favorites.

"I love to spend time with people who love Yanni."
"Every time I think it can't get any better than this... it does!"

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I haven't received the cd yet, so I haven't read the info about every song and about who worked with Yanni in this new album ,and I don't know much about the songs with lyrics (except for "Can't wait"..I found some info on the main forum) ...but I've listened to this album and I can clearly hear Yanni's style..Yes,there are new sounds that we've never heard before in his music (for example,in the song "I'm So" I can clearly hear sounds that are similar to the ones in hip-hop music..), but I think it's his style..
I love this new album..I really really love it because it communicates emotions to me.. Lobe
And in my opinion that's the most important thing.. Smiler

Myky

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
to be clear, the fact that Yanni had help has nothing to do with
the reason I only like the title track.

when I first sampled the songs(on Yanni's web site I think) I really did not
think I would like them but I bought the cd to hear the full versions
and it just happens to be that Yanni had some others help with writing the songs.

Ron

<crackedeggg>
posted
Thank you for the clarification. As I previously said each of us will have our own opinion. Still there is so much of Yanni's style to be found throughout this CD I find it hard to dislike it. You are right. It is not the same. I find it to be much better. Perhaps Yanni's next CD will be more to your liking. Smiler

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
Picture of Marilyn
posted Hide Post
Yanni continues to surprise us and expand our horizons as well as his... Eeker

"Look at the sunset. If it pleases you, you're a happy man." - Yanni

Marilyn
Love Is All

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I read the info about the new songs on the cd and yes, it's true,he worked with other song writers/musicians on this project and I've also found some info about some songs on Leslie's website..(it's impossible not to find info.. Big Grin), but I think it's a wonderful album.
And I'm really happy because there are 12 instrumental pieces Big Grin

Myky