Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni Voices Project    English Subtitles for the Voices!
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
English Subtitles for the Voices! Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
Picture of Sami_ed
posted
Good evening ladies and gentelmen,I hope you all are doing fine!

Since i have alot of freinds and people that are in love with Yanni's music,and somehow they dont understand the Italian & Spanish lyircs, So i decided to do something for the sake of spreading the souls of these lyrics within Yanni's music featuring the great voices, and make it more easy to those people (including me with spanish Big Grin ) to understand the great mixture, with the help of some great freinds regarding the translation...

so here i go, so far i am done with four, and of course i am willing to continue,

Nathan - Amare Di Nuovo

Nathan- Omaggio

Ender - Ritual De Amor

This one i did long ago with Chloe's "Love Take Me"
Love Take Me

I will be updating this post whenever i finished new one (of course only if i am allowed to ), and please, if u have any notes or apdates, dont hesitate to contact me Smiler

Best regards,
Sami

Yanni Fan
Picture of Shirley7
posted Hide Post
Hi Sami,

Thanks for the translations...this was the first time I saw Amare Di Nuovo translated and the lyrics are beautiful...incredibly & wonderfully romantic. I saw Nathan perform this live on two occasions and it still gives me goosebumps to hear him sing this.

Danke Sami,
Shirley

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi Sami Smiler

The translation of "Adagio" is good.

The translation of "Tribute/Omaggio" is almost correct.. SmilerFor example,the correct translation of the lyrics "Grazie alla nostra grandezza" is : "Because of our greatness".

It's a bit difficult to translate the italian lyrics "Torniamo alla terra" (sometimes it's difficult to translate from one language into another..)but I remember that there was an official translation of this song on Yanni's website years ago, and the translation of those lyrics was(or at least the meaning of it):"But we can return to simpler values".Personally,my translation is:"Let's return to simpler values".

The correct translation of the words "Vale la pena dominare il mondo se ci dimentichiamo del rispetto" is :"Is it worth to take over the world if we forget respect?".

I hope this helps Smiler

Myky

Yanni Fan
Picture of Sami_ed
posted Hide Post
Hi Shirly..How r u?
danke for u too, i know it is great lyrics,that's why i dont want it to be missed!This is my favourite song,anyways, that's why i started with it somehow...
Thanks again, Shirly Smiler

Yanni Fan
Picture of Sami_ed
posted Hide Post
Hey Myky!
First of all, of course it helps, thank u so much for correcting!

-I thought that "Thanks to" can be used as "becuase of", i think it goes smoother?

umm,so seems you know Italian, well, actually am like lost in between non a very profession in both: Italian & English,that's why maybe there could be some mistakes in between lines,

so,

can i contact you form now on before i work on any other lyrics, like i send you the English one for your final revision?Smiler

best regards,
Sami..

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi Sami Smiler
You're welcome Smiler

quote:
I thought that "Thanks to" can be used as "becuase of", i think it goes smoother?

Actually "Thanks to" is a bit different..I posted the words "Because of" 'cause I remember that the official translation started with these lyrics.And I think that they're correct..

quote:
umm,so seems you know Italian, well, actually am like lost in between non a very profession in both: Italian & English,that's why maybe there could be some mistakes in between lines

Yes,I am Italian Smiler
Don't worry,I know that it's difficult to translate from one language into another..My English is not perfect Winkbut if you want you can email me your translation of the other Italian lyrics.My email address is in the Member info forum Smiler

Have a great day

Myky

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Oh,I forgot to say that the translation of the lyrics of Adagio/Amare di nuovo "Com'è dolce la primavera dopo il freddo inverno" is :"How sweet Spring is after the cold winter" Smiler

Myky

Yanni Fan
Picture of Sami_ed
posted Hide Post
Myky, You know i can't thank u enough..
and happy that you agreed on seding u for final check before posting, even though u're not profession, still you're a native Big Grin , besides, two point of views are better than one, and you know for songs there are always little changes around the lyrics..

however i have some ready stuff, i will be sending one for you soon, and i think i will post my sites for contacting in that section too Smiler

have a nice day,and a fun weekend!
Sami

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi there. I thought you might like to go to this link, where one of the kind members has translations to most or all of the songs. Hope this helps & enjoy.

Song Lyrics

Every day is a 'new' day, full of opportunities, adventure and a chance to make your dreams come true ©

Yanni Fan
Picture of Sami_ed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi there. I thought you might like to go to this link, where one of the kind members has translations to most or all of the songs. Hope this helps & enjoy

Oy what an amazing page! So much easier for work since it is soft-to-soft copies Smiler

Thank you so much Linda!