Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni Voices Project    Yanni Voices future?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Yanni Voices future? Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
I have a bad feeling that the project was abandoned Frowner

Ming's fan Smiler

Picture of Anne.
posted Hide Post
Hi Julia,

The Voices project was not abandoned.Yanni was their mentor and the project was to help project their careers.
All four very talented artists are now pursuing their own successful careers so the project was a success.

I hope this helps.

Anne

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks. It was about the quote from Chloe's interview:

"DR: Was there talk of a follow-up Voices album?

CL: Well, let me say this. Yanni’s Voices was a beautiful project and in my opinion, I feel it is a little under appreciated. There was so much effort that went into it. I do understand why some maybe were not so receptive to the project because so many knew Yanni from his instrumentals. I think Yanni was in his mentoring phase and he wanted to help others and that’s where he was at. I’m very proud of that project and am happy to have been a part of it. There were a lot of expectations that weren’t met unfortunately. It wasn’t received the way I think people wanted it to be received.

Right before we released the Voices album, Yanni-Wake joined up with Disney Pearl and from there I was upstreamed to Disney; I was signed to Disney. I moved to Los Angeles, about to start a record and start working with Disney. Long story short, that relationship didn’t go so well; it was a mismatch from the start."

I don't know why it's sad for me that there was only one tour(USA, Canada and Mexico, maybe somewhere else i forgot), but they didn't came to Europe. Also there was only one CD-album and two DVD's from the concert in Acapulco.

Ming's fan Smiler

Yanni Fan
Picture of Sherry Montgomery
posted Hide Post
Interesting post...I loved the Voices, the music, the tour amd the energy...it was different, but it was also very exciting. All of the Voices were great in their own genre's of music amd talent..I was able to see the first four concerts in Acapulco and then several more across the US...It was an awesome time and I think successful for everyone that was part of the experience Smiler

Until the last mome t,
Sherry

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Wow, Sherry, you saw them live? I feel jelaous Smiler
Everything you said is true. It just like... Like the project ended way too fast...

Ming's fan Smiler

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I saw them live too Julia. Amazing concert!!! Thumbs Up