Moderator Kathrine

Yanni Message Board  Hop To Forum Categories  About Yanni  Hop To Forums  Yanni Voices Project    Mind Opening Experience!
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Mind Opening Experience! Login/Join 
Yanni Fan
posted
I spent a great part of the day yesterday listening to the new music. I listened at least two times to each of the songs with words. Each time I listened intently to a different aspect of the song - either the words/singers or the music/orchestration, and this was a mind opening experience for me.

When we got the first samples so long ago now, I erroneously thought the words had been just laid onto the existing songs, and while there may be a little of that, I don’t believe that is the case for the most part. I have finally gotten past the unexpected aspects (surprise!) and been able to appreciate the hard work and dynamic of what is happening with this music. What is so amazing to me is that on several of the songs, the 'melody' that the words are sung to is not always the 'melody' as I would have defined it. I guess I really lack that creative spark because there is no way I could have married the words and the music as has been done by these talented musicians. Instead of one straight row of red tulips, they have created intricate patterns using all the colors and caressed by the beautiful green grass of Yanni’s instrumentation. How wonderful for those who are part of this project!

Once again, this music defies definition - some pieces have aspects of pop or opera, etc., but they really aren’t - they are.....different. The songs take me through a great range of emotions and leave me with the yearning to have been able to create something more than I have accomplished in my life. I experience an exquisite mix of joy, sorrow, longing, pain, beauty, and regret - my heart feels like it will explode from sorrow and joy rolled all together. This music is too beautiful to explain with words. How privileged these young people are to be involved with Ric and Yanni, and how wonderful it is that we get to share a little of that experience! Voices, be sure you embrace every moment of this time - you are truly living a fantastic adventure that many of us would like to observe up close if only for a day!

Keeping my mind open now, I’d love to hear how the rest of you feel, with no judgements made and no persuasions applied - we are all entitled to our own views when respectfully expressed. Like Ender, I am incapable of holding all my thoughts inside - writing about the music is something I am compelled to do! Go for it folks - it will make you feel...everything! Smiler

Patricia

<crackedeggg>
posted
quote:
Instead of one straight row of red tulips, they have created intricate patterns using all the colors and caressed by the beautiful green grass of Yanni’s instrumentation.

You have a gift for painting pictures with your words Patricia! This is a wonderful way to put it.

Often during my lunch time I go someplace quiet with my headphones and MP3 player and listen to music - much of it Yanni's both new and old. I have always advocated getting a set of headphones and going somewhere dark and private and immersing yourself in the music. When Ethnicity came out, many didn't like it because of the vocals but quite a few of those who tried the headphones came to love the intricacy and beauty of it by truly listening to it as a whole.

Report This Post
Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bonnie. Smiler The headphones allow me to hear all the little extras going on. I always thought it would be great if Yanni did an IMAX concert where everyone would have their own set of headphones (or even without the headphones). Many around the world who cannot go to a concert might be able to get closer to a live Yanni experience as most countries have at least one IMAX theater in a major city.

Patricia

Yanni Fan
Picture of Kichu
posted Hide Post
I love the way you have described it Patricia!

I feel pretty much the same. Its only yesterday i spent most of the time listening to all the new songs. I found all of them amazing and it just gives my an idea of how exciting it would be.
After listening to Before the Night i could hear and feel the professional level Yanni has reached in terms of orchestrations. The 80 plus compositions and may be now much more is a testimony to the hard work Yanni and team have put in for i think almost a year or more. The songs completely stick to the emotions and haven't been done in a haste either. Only a genius like Yanni can go at this pace. Composing music is really tough.

One thing is for sure, by the end of the next World Tour Yanni and his team would have won many many more hearts, much much more than his already big devoted fan base and proved many PROFESSIONAL critics wrong! I would now like to see the instrumentalists who would be there. I am really looking forward to all thats coming!

Kichu
the Squirrel

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
I agree totally with all that has been said. I am one person who am greatly aided with the use of headphones, especially the larger ones I use with my computer. Being hearing impaired, I get much more of a concert effect while listening to Yanni's music (all of it). I can't hear or understand all of the words; however, because of my hearing problem, I do feel the emotion, possibly more than many do; it vibrates through my whole body, & don't need to necessarily know what words they are singing. When the music is powerful, emotional or beautiful, I get the feelings & visualizations through my other senses. I also try to pick out different parts of the music, like the orchestration or voice tones, etc., & Patricia, you have described it very, very well. I can't wait to experience it in concert live.

Every day is a 'new' day, full of opportunities, adventure and a chance to make your dreams come true ©

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
For me too... I have opened the Yanni site and listen over and over while doing other things.

I just LOVE all the New Old Songs and New Song and the VOICES, the people WOW, WOW!!

Just think how all will sound in a LIVE CONCERT!!!!

There are no words good enough to describe the feelings!!!

Yanni Fan
Picture of rima
posted Hide Post
dear patricia....I love your description about these songs....(the songs take me through a great range of emotions and leave me with the yearning to have been able to create something more than I have accomplished in my life)....
when you talked about how these young people are lucky to work with both Yanni&Ric..IT IS TRULY a fantastic adventure...I mean to stand in front of them is a miracle..... How about working with them??!
Well.. as for me....I think Yanni,Ric...and of course all these four talented people....were able to give me this peaceful place where I can calm without any worry ...and as you said the songs take me through a great range of emotions...a minute I find myself crying....and another minute I'm smiling or dancing....(A mixture of emotions)truly there are no words that can thank Yanni enough....
Dear yanni you keep shining brightly in my heart...
patricia..thank you for this lovely topic....

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi Patricia:

What a wonderful way of explaining the new magic that we are all enjoying. And you are right on track with your description.
Yann and Ric have created a new and very unique way of allowing true expression to flow through, and reach the hearts of millions. These four talented singers have done more with their music then they will ever know. And all of this would have never happened if Yanni had not ventured into new terratory. The concerts we are about to enjoy will be like discovering Yanni all over again.
And that is what this new project is all about. And the best part is, we, the members of Yanni Message Board (YMB), are taking a vital role in getting the word out. Some of us (me included) have already been doing this; the simple task of getting personalized license plates displayed on our cars. That alone creates an open diologue, as people want to know what the letters of my tag mean. It allows me to express my deep appreciation of the music; to encourage others to check it out. And now, with the encouragement of Yanni Management, I'm able to do so more openly.
Of course, the car itself is a topic of discussion too, but some tend to go to a conclusion that is not me. I like the attention, but would rather people would not attach me to their way of thinking. If it sounds like that it's not going to work, I try to go back to the license plate question, and that works...most of the time.
Yanni, keep up the great work, and we will do our part as faithful fans (and members/family).

Bro #1

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi Patricia,
thanks for sharing your thoughts Smiler
It's a beautiful descriptions of your emotions. Smiler

Myky

Yanni Fan
posted Hide Post
Hi Everyone, Thanks for reading and responding and your kind comments. It took me a while to arrive where I am now with the Voices. I'm one of those who has to warm up slowly to changes. The more I listen to the music, the more I have come to appreciate it. Can't wait to see it live! Smiler

Patricia